• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Anti Tank Rifles

Makes me think about the Macon guy who stole one and didn’t register it....he’s doing 8 years Federal

Didnt he make partial payment and then when he didnt pay or bounced checks the seller notified ATF?

Come to think of it, didnt he have a gatling gun for sale on here?

Forgotten Weapons (YouTube and Full30) has a whole series on these kinds of guns.

One thing he mentions is about how they are still called 'anti-tank' guns, even though they stopped being useful against tanks in the 1930s or so. That was when tank armor became too thick and shaped-charge weapons like bazookas became available (and necessary).

They did see a lot of use in WWII as anti-material guns against unarmored targets like trucks, and he talks about the Finns (I think) using them in a sniper role. Talk about leaving nothing but a red mist behind.

I want to say that a lot of these videos were collected up and released as an hour long video on Prime as well. He has a whole bunch of his videos there bundled up in that format, usually around a theme like "Guns of Italy" or "Winchester Lever Actions".

From what he mentions they were kind of a opportunity thing... They would be after a German convoy and see a high-ranking officer out there with the troops, so they would go after the officer to demoralize the men around him.

Having a major or colonel explode right next to you would tend to do that.

Back
Top Bottom