• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any 922(r) "experts" out there?

albatros43

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Jackwagon
176   0
Reaction score
I have a pump Benelli Supernova Tactical shotgun I'd like to add a +2 extension on. As far as I can tell, this makes it "non-sporting" and means I'd have to add US made parts so that no more than 10 imported parts are on the shotgun.

Freedom Fighter Tactical has this guidance on the Benelli M4:

https://freedomfightertactical.com/pages/922r-faq

The pump Benelli I have has the same imported parts minus the piston:

• Receiver 1
  • Barrel 2
  • Bolt 3
  • Bolt carrier 4
  • Gas piston (N/A)
  • Trigger housing 5
  • Trigger 6
  • Hammer 7
  • Disconnector 8
  • Buttstock (with integral pistol grip) (replace with US made)
  • Forearm/handguard (forend) 9
  • Magazine body 10
  • Follower (replace with US-made)
It appears so long as I add 2 US made parts I'd be good-to-go? I reached out to the guy at Freedom Fighter Tactical and he said he didn't know about the Supernova Tactical. Any Googling I've done turns up no solid guidance.

Change the stock, Handguard and mag tube or follower or some trigger parts. The extension does not count as he mentions in his video. You would still need 3 parts with the extension.
The prices of the parts is high on their website! Sheesh.
Glad I have an old preban Super 90.

Change the stock, Handguard and mag tube or follower or some trigger parts. The extension does not count as he mentions in his video. You would still need 3 parts with the extension.
The prices of the parts is high on their website! Sheesh.
Glad I have an old preban Super 90.

By my count the SNT only has 12 imported parts

7E00AD7F-C214-4920-9A80-0AF35B34B05C.jpeg

Has the ATF ever nitpicked a person into prison over 922R? I'm not saying to ignore it but seems like a possible non issue.
nope. I have never seen even one documented case of anyone being charged with violating 922R. Its like one of those dumb laws that are never enforced by anyone ever

Back
Top Bottom