• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Any air rifle guys in here?

Inadvertently, I wound up in the air rifle rabbit hole.
I have a Hatsan Factor RC coming in on Friday. Reviews looked good but rather than be nauseous for 2 day’s thinking I just blew a bunch of dough, I figured I’d ask if any of you guys shoot these things.

I have several less than desirable species roaming around my place at night and recently got into a thermal scope. Seems like it’ll be fun.
Hi.
Welcome to the marvelous world of adult airgunning and I hope your Hatsan Factor is a winner! Hatsan pcp's have a good reputation as hard hitting, accurate pesters well past 50 yards, and are not too pellet picky.
The Factor should have a hammer spring adjuster and pressure regulator so you can tune the power up or down to fit your needs.
Hatsans tend to show up with really filthy barrels, and they tend to like JSB pellets.
I have the lightweight Hatsan Flash in .25 detuned down to 29 ftlbs. It is a tack driver with .25 JSB pellets. (Starlings are all I hunt and my Hatsan knocks them stiff!)
If you like, check out Gateway to Airguns and Airgun Nation to het more info.
Thanks,
Matthew

Hi.
Welcome to the marvelous world of adult airgunning and I hope your Hatsan Factor is a winner! Hatsan pcp's have a good reputation as hard hitting, accurate pesters well past 50 yards, and are not too pellet picky.
The Factor should have a hammer spring adjuster and pressure regulator so you can tune the power up or down to fit your needs.
Hatsans tend to show up with really filthy barrels, and they tend to like JSB pellets.
I have the lightweight Hatsan Flash in .25 detuned down to 29 ftlbs. It is a tack driver with .25 JSB pellets. (Starlings are all I hunt and my Hatsan knocks them stiff!)
If you like, check out Gateway to Airguns and Airgun Nation to het more info.
Thanks,
Matthew
They’re certainly addictive. I just figured it’d be a good way to practice fundamentals without having to head to the range… maybe it is, but more importantly, it’s a lot of fun. This is a group of 38 shots from 40 yards. The fliers to the left are from zeroing a weird cv life scope that someone dumped off on me in a trade.
918E9C05-DF0E-4588-9805-45E925F843D0.jpeg
62CF3A2E-DE99-4998-98A4-831E1DAA3902.jpeg

They’re certainly addictive. I just figured it’d be a good way to practice fundamentals without having to head to the range… maybe it is, but more importantly, it’s a lot of fun. This is a group of 38 shots from 40 yards. The fliers to the left are from zeroing a weird cv life scope that someone dumped off on me in a trade.
View attachment 5478857View attachment 5478858
Fantastic group and a fine looking rig! Hatsan really put the European pcp makers on notice with the Factor rc.
I mostly shoot springers, which are the most challenging rifles of all to shoot consistently, imo. If you like, you might try a quality springer and I bet it makes you better with any other rifle you pick up.

Fantastic group and a fine looking rig! Hatsan really put the European pcp makers on notice with the Factor rc.
I mostly shoot springers, which are the most challenging rifles of all to shoot consistently, imo. If you like, you might try a quality springer and I bet it makes you better with any other rifle you pick up.
Would a break barrel Gamo qualify as a springer? If so, I have one and it's great... but gawdawful loud.

I'm pretty basic with a couple of Diana's a Gamo and some air spring gun I've not gotten to know yet. The big Diana is a side lever .22 and I love it.
Glad to know another airgunner is out there. I have a few of the same air rifles. I even have the Chinese copy of your Diana side lever, it is fun but it ain't a Diana, ha ha.

Glad to know another airgunner is out there. I have a few of the same air rifles. I even have the Chinese copy of your Diana side lever, it is fun but it ain't a Diana, ha ha.
The ease of going out in the back yard or shooting out of my spare room window makes these things irresistible. I have a little 50yd range set up and at night, I run a thermal on it. It's just a blast. I have a feeling this is going to set me back a bit financially.

I picked up a DonnyFl Fatboy 2.0 "Moderator" with all the extras. All I can hear is the innerworkings of the gun. Crazy

Would a break barrel Gamo qualify as a springer? If so, I have one and it's great... but gawdawful loud.
Yes. Any air rifle that uses a coil spring or gas strut as a power source is a 'springer' (break barrel, under lever, or side lever). The old Gamo's are my favorite and are usually backyard friendly. If you see any smoke in the barrel between shots, then it is dieseling (igniting/burning lube that has gotten in front of the piston seal) and that is likely the loud report. That said, some Gamos are way over sprung and break the sound barrier with light pellets, in which case a heavier pellet should quiet it down.

Back
Top Bottom