• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Any Audi owners?

AKguy

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
74   1
Reaction score
I've never been an Audi fan, but I found an S4 that has me drooling. My only question is, how bad is it gonna hit me in the wallet when the warranty is up (75k)? The reason I ask is because I'm split between the S4, a 335i, an IS350, and an F250 powerstroke. The F250 and IS350 are covered up to 100k. I know what to expect from the BMW, but the Audi is like a foreign language to me.

One good thing with the Audi is that most VW mechs, and even dealers will service them for the same price (or close) as a VW, regardless it shouldn't be any worse than the BMW, if youve owned BMW's or MB's before, I'm sure you know that finding a good independent mechanic can make thousands of dollars difference even in a single trip...

On another note, regarding the powerstroke F250.. It has very high maintenance costs, and depending on the year and engine, almost required major engine work in the form of "bullet proofing" the motor in the long run. If its the 6.0PSD, fuel filters are recommended to be changed every other oil change(not sure about the other motors), and even an oil change will run around $100 if you do the work yourself, due to the type and amount of oil used. Also keep in mind the PSD's like to be driven HARD, most people have far more problems with "grocery getters", than with work trucks, or tow rigs.

That said, I have owned MANY cars, mostly European, and my 2003 F250 6.0 PSD with 215,000 miles, is not only my favorite, but also the fastest in a straight line (With minimal modifications, some bulletproofing, intake, and reprogramming).

Good Luck!

Was an Audi owner: A6 T and an S something..can't remember at this second:
I wouldn't take 5 audi's for my Tundra. The novelty and usefulness of a sedan goes away very quickly. I just came off Pine Log mountain, and everytime I went over a rut the size of kansas..I thought, "man, that would have swallowed up the Audi". Whomever invented the 4 door truck deserves a Nobel ..it's a miracle! That truck bed..once you have one..you'll never ever want to see a small trunk again, cause your habits of just tossing it in the back will be so powerful.

Back
Top Bottom