• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Any Bicyclists in the house? Road? Mountain? Hybrid?

My son and I did 16 miles on the road bike's Monday. Bout to head out for 6-10 on the trails. Getting my son warmed up for his MX race this weekend.

Love riding with my son, he's 9. We did a couple laps around stone mountain earlier this week. On the ride home he was talking to himself saying "I am so much stronger than that old fart, in so many ways, how can he ride so much faster and further than I can?" Thinking he was talking about the 70+ year old man that lapped us about three times I responded "I know, that dude is tough isn't he!" My son looked at me with a puzzled look on his face and said "What? I'm not talking about the old man, I'm talking about you. I wouldn't call a stranger an old fart."

He is crazy strong so I do understand his confusion
image.jpeg

Love riding with my son, he's 9. We did a couple laps around stone mountain earlier this week. On the ride home he was talking to himself saying "I am so much stronger than that old fart, in so many ways, how can he ride so much faster and further than I can?" Thinking he was talking about the 70+ year old man that lapped us about three times I responded "I know, that dude is tough isn't he!" My son looked at me with a puzzled look on his face and said "What? I'm not talking about the old man, I'm talking about you. I wouldn't call a stranger an old fart."

He is crazy strong so I do understand his confusion
View attachment 910835

Ha ha I hear ya.
My son is 26 and smokes me pretty good most of the time but when I'm feeling good I can hang. He started smoking me on the motocross track when he was 12! Here's a recent picture from his last race. 1st in 450B and second in plus 25 open.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    415.4 KB · Views: 17
Here are a few pics of a Bikepacking trip a few buddies and I went on this weekend up in the Cohuttas...35 miles and 3400ft of elevation gain.

My ride:
Salsa Fargo
I have a sleeping bag, sleeping pad, cook set and stove, extra clothes, down jacket, extra shoes, headlight, doc kit, an Esee3, and a Glock 19 all stuffed inside that set up...oh...and FOOD and water.
IMG_4494.JPG

Bear Creek overlook headed up to Potato Patch
IMG_4986.JPG

FS 64...past 3 Forks where the road is closed...had it all to ourselves.
IMG_5385.JPG

Headed down Mountaintown Creek Trail....
IMG_9949.JPG

Back
Top Bottom