• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Any Bicyclists in the house? Road? Mountain? Hybrid?

There is one in every crowd....SMH....I've learned a long time ago that you can't really find a middle ground with people like our buddy Riverbed. We will just have to agree to disagree.

Cyclist for over 31 years...
Mountain and Road...ridden all over the country. Doing BRAG this year (did it in 96 and 2000)... RAAM Crew member....used to be an endurance MTB and Adventure Racing guy.

Owner of Bear Creek Bicycle Company in Dalton GA. Bought a bike shop and almost quit riding...work all the time. There are quite a few of us here on the ODT!! Glad to see it..

I am a Bicyclist. I ride all over the dang place in East Cobb and Roswell - I dig the River and all the roads and trails down there.

What do you all ride?

I am a Trek rider - I have a nice roadie 2.1 Trek and a 7.2 FX for trucking stuff.

How bout yall?

( please not too much hate - I ride for health plus its fun. )

Am considering a fat tire mountain bike for south Georgia off road. I've been pricing out Diamondback El Oso Gordo and Kawasaki Sumo. Hadn't bought a bike for myself in more than 40 years.

If I couldn't wheelie or jump I'm not sure I would know how to ride a bike!!

531143_492899634088522_367888549_n.jpg

1456022_731963160182167_1837434762_n.jpg

Out on the road holding up guys like @RiverBend
1506629_10202901848701432_752255418_n.jpg

Smoked after a hard 34mile Snake Creek Gap TT!
1619428_733997323312084_1381152567_n.jpg

@RiverBend --- The difference is that YOU, the motorist DO NOT determine what is "near to the right side of the roadway as practicable.."....the cyclist does. There are road hazards, glass, dead animals, pot holes that often require us to ride farther out....the whole "Avoiding hazards to safe cycling"...is what gives us the right to be there....

Should cyclists take up the whole lane? No.... Should an impatient asshole pass us on a blind turn or hill? No...

It is this mentality of yours that really strikes me as callous: "if that is your choice, don't expect a MV to cross the centerline to provide your 3 feet."

I doubt a cyclist would hold you up a total of 15-20 seconds...and that is enough for you to push someone off the road which LEGALLY, puts you at risk....sorry to hold you up a whole 15 seconds....whereever you are going must be really important...If you can't wait 15 - 30 seconds to find a safe place to pass then it says more about you, than it does the cyclist..

Special attention to (b) above, the law is clear, "(a) Every person operating a bicycle upon a roadway shall ride as near to the right side of the roadway as practicable, except when turning left or avoiding hazards to safe cycling, when the lane is too narrow to share safely with a motor vehicle"
The safe distance is dependent on where you think you should be, per the law, as close to the right side as practicable, not in the center of the lane, if that is your choice, don't expect a MV to cross the centerline to provide your 3 feet.
And enjoy your hobby just be as safe as possible and try not to cause a MV accident or injuries to either party.

"Trusty Rusty"-- one of my favorite bikes of all time..
Single Speed Full Rigid
Niners Sir9- Reynolds 853 steel! "Steel is Real"
Weighs 21lbs

IMG_0202.JPG

Current Road Scoot... 2016 Trek Madone Di2
Bontrager Carbon wheels..
Sub 16 lbs
IMG_0203 3.JPG

And Last my favorite road bike of all time...
This is my "Fast Back" Custom Steel Road Bike by Nate Zukas
Columbus Steel Frame
Campy Super Record
Enve Carbon Tubular wheels
16lbs STEEL bike...

417370_346308115414342_1366302897_n.jpg

I am a Bicyclist. I ride all over the dang place in East Cobb and Roswell - I dig the River and all the roads and trails down there.

What do you all ride?

I am a Trek rider - I have a nice roadie 2.1 Trek and a 7.2 FX for trucking stuff.

How bout yall?

( please not too much hate - I ride for health plus its fun. )

I just got into riding and am looking for a nice road bike to trade for. I put some road like tires on y mountain bike and try to ride every day from 5-15 miles a day. I have been diagnosed with mTBI and sever CRPS (Nerve damage). I am not able to run so I got into biking as that is how I get my cardio. I am still active duty right now and drop retirement on 1 Sept 2016. It is hard for me to keep up with folks that have been doing the biking thing for a while.

Back
Top Bottom