Any can't miss series out there?

I've been enjoying Power on Starz. It's in it's second season.

Humans is on AMC right now, I believe episode #4. It's a good take on AI imo.

I don't know if anybody has mentioned Rectify but that is a great show on Sundance in it's third season. And set in Paulding County.

My wife and I have been watching Hawaii 5-0. It's good. It's kind of neat seeing Jin from Lost (Daniel Day Kim) back on the island. And in the beginning of Season two, Locke comes back as well. I was HOPING that they might have just a few seconds where they would share a look, just one little quirky glance as a nod to Lost. But nothing. sigh.

BTW, Hawaii 5-0 is probably the most openly racist TV show I ever remember watching. It seems like almost all the islanders at one time or another refer to whites as "Haole"...

The 1865 Dictionary of the Hawaiian Language, complied by Lorrin Andrews, shows the pronunciation as ha-o-le. A popular belief is that the word is properly written and pronounced as hāʻole, literally meaning "no breath," because foreigners did not know or use the honi, a Polynesian greeting by touching nose-to-nose and inhaling or essentially sharing each other's breaths, and so the foreigners were described as breathless. The implication is not only that foreigners are aloof and ignorant of local ways, but also literally have no spirit or life within. [7]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haole

But, heck, since they are only denigrating whites, it's all good.

My current Netflix binge is Anthony Bourdain's Parts Unknown.

Pretty good for a docu-reality show. The premise is food from around the world but it's less about "hey look at this gross stuff I'm eating," and goes into history of the locations.

There is an episode on New Mexico that is very gun friendly.

If you can find it, I think from his "no reservations" show, his hookup with Ted Nugent is a good episode.
Actually, I have enjoyed all his different shows.

I agree. I didn't expect it to be as dark as it is. The whole drug thing definitely wasn't expected.

From what I understand, that part is pretty accurate.

A lot of really smart computer folks actually suffer from something along the autism spectrum. Many of them self-medicate.

From what I understand, that part is pretty accurate.

A lot of really smart computer folks actually suffer from something along the autism spectrum. Many of them self-medicate.
I actually heard about that show last year and was waiting for it. I saw the pilot a month before it aired on TV and was floored. That and Complications are my favorite new shows.

Back
Top Bottom