• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any doctors in the house?

I need help. I want to get my wife on Biogen Inc's aducanumab. Her Nurologist is old school slow. What is the best path? I've slowed it down pretty well. She actually does better on the office 30 Q&A than she did at first. She's not diagnosed with Alzheimer but Sevier cognitive disorder. Almost 2 years ago.
i don’t know that what she is suggesting is 100% of the answer but I do think it is part of the answer. Very compelling story.

What is the situation now? Did aducanumab help your wife? It’s been a year since it’s been out, and I see different reviews. Is it worth it?
My father is experiencing some cognitive issues, and the doctor does not seem to take any active action about it. He takes some pills regularly, and that’s all. Maybe it’s enough, but I am probably going to get him to another doctor to perform a memory test and see how well he’s doing and what else we can do to preserve his memories. I know there are not many ways for that, but I don’t want to stop and want to keep fighting.

If you feel that your wife needs Aducanumab then you are better off expressing that to her neurologist, and have him, or her, explain their reasoning for not prescribing it. I can assure you that your neurologist is far better equipped to answer your questions than ODT members, especially concerning your wife's condition. I work around doctors for a living, and I can tell you from a medical professional's standpoint that neurologist are highly specialized and experts in their field. If you are uncomfortable with your wife's neurologist then seek a second opinion from another neurologist, not ODT members. ODT is fine for advice on firearms, ammunition and the like, but not for medical advice.
As an ER nurse I see too many patients every week that thought they knew better than their doctor and failed to follow advice, or take their prescribed medications. I will tell you the same thing I tell my ER patients... the internet is NOT your friend!
People who inject children with experimental drugs and have no accountability are not my friend

I work with doctors for what I do for a living, and I can tell you from a medical professional's perspective that neurologists are highly specialized and experts in their field. If you are not happy with your wife's neurologist, seek a second opinion from another neurologist.
To take care of your wife's safety at home, you can seek help from thekey.com.
As an ER nurse, I see many patients every week who thought they knew better than their doctor and didn't follow the advice or take their prescribed medication. I'll tell you the same thing I tell my ER patients. Always follow your doctor's recommendations. If the doctor is not suitable for you, change them, but continue treatment.
As an ER nurse also, I can say this recommendation is spot on, and it's in your best interest to take heed.

Back
Top Bottom