• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any dodge ram dealer folks in here?

For a TRX, yes that is normal and don't expect them to budge on it. If you throw a fit they will just show you the door and the guy that comes in right after you will gladly pay it. Dealer inventories are still very low and for special edition vehicles like that there are a lot of people out there that will pay any price just to say they have the latest and greatest.

I'd hold off on buying a new car right now if I was you. The market will be very different next year.

oh yeah.. any brands special editions, trx, raptors, etc, is going to be marked up crazy right now. 40k i would say is normal. but i would bet thats on the low end of markups for a trx. go look at hellcat/shelby markups lol.

but everything is marked up right now. any "deals" (msrp) are few and far between. pricing on used trucks/cars is more than msrp for a new one. a reputable dealer may let you order one from them and sell it to you msrp...but i would get that in writing when you do it and you will be waiting 6 months to a year, maybe more.

I'm not sure if you mean 40k markup from thier cost or above msrp but I have a TRX and the dealership started at a high number but I was able to negotiate down a little. Not like 10s of thousands but they gave me a bunch for my Raptor I traded in so it helped off set the overall purchase quite a bit.

There are a bunch of shady dealers that mark specialty vehicles up over msrp, but not all are that way. we have sold several TRX trucks at window sticker price or below depending on discounts and rebates available, they have ranged in price from 78k to 100k depending on trim and options. We have special ordered all of them for customers, we do not stock them but are happy to order.

$40k markup...normal....and said in the same sentence?
The hell planet are we living on where that is any kind of normal. And why would anyone willingly do that to themselves?

I would just wait until the dum dums have their fun and buy it used as the market slow burns back to earth from orbit.

I am a car salesman here in Jim Shorkey Nissan Mitsubishi in Gainesville ga we all have a markup and yes the markup is normal but 40k is high but if you get a reg model there are still dealers that charge minimum markup. We are close to 2k and discount that on a lot of models. Don’t look at it like a markup but a speculation fee like when the ford gt500 skyrocketed over new price. If you are a collector you will be used to this, a daily driver not so much.

$40k markup...normal....and said in the same sentence?
The hell planet are we living on where that is any kind of normal. And why would anyone willingly do that to themselves?

I would just wait until the dum dums have their fun and buy it used as the market slow burns back to earth from orbit.
$40k isn't normal, but when the supply is limited, the cost goes up. Nobody is going to stay in business if they can't make a profit. How many of you work and take a loss of income?

$40k isn't normal, but when the supply is limited, the cost goes up. Nobody is going to stay in business if they can't make a profit. How many of you work and take a loss of income?
I get supply and demand but at some point you go from, "ok, this isn't bad and I can justify it." to "what the actual **** is going on here?"

There is no reasonable explanation anyone can give that would justify gouging masked as a market adjustment. That much over MSRP is just greed.

Back
Top Bottom