• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Any experience with 9mm snake shot?

MSS

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
13   0
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with 9mm snake shot? Specifically the CCI stuff.
Will the gun cycle? What's the effective range?

I have some but have never shot any of it. I'll try a couple rounds in my old Ruger P85 tomorrow and let you know. Unless someone else here already has experince with it.

I have a S&W that is my truck, tractor and woods gun. I have an Uncle Mike ' s holster that carries 2 magazines. One magazine is loaded with home defense rounds and the other with CC I snake shot. I have never had an issue with cycling and have put the stop on several no necked ground crawlers. I would say most were within 6' so I do not know the max range. I am pretty brave when I have two full mags.

Hope this helps.

I have a S&W that is my truck, tractor and woods gun. I have an Uncle Mike ' s holster that carries 2 magazines. One magazine is loaded with home defense rounds and the other with CC I snake shot. I have never had an issue with cycling and have put the stop on several no necked ground crawlers. I would say most were within 6' so I do not know the max range. I am pretty brave when I have two full mags.

Hope this helps.
Thanks. That's good to know. I can't imagine I would use it more than 10'. Which model s&w did you run it through?

Yes it cycles, and I've used it out too about 10 feet or so. It's been a while since I shot some test patterns, but I think it was around a foot or a little less at that distance.

I have used them in .22 LR pistol , I agree 6' - 10' range. But would use them in an old, don't care for much hand gun. I don't believe the small pallets would be good for the rifling. But they are very effective on snakes ,rats ,& so on......

Back
Top Bottom