Any Experience with "Hornady's Lock-N-Load™ AP" progressive reloading press?

jaw79

Default rank <750 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
46   0
Reaction score
I have been looking to move into the reloading world for a while now, and I am about ready to purchase my first press. I am curious if anyone has any experience with a Hornady Progressive Press? I know a lot of you guys are Dillon fans, anyone love or hate the Hornady Press?

Thanks for your input!

jw

In the process of getting mine set up. I just have been doing 9mm, but have the stuff for all my other caliber's. Only thing I haven't been able to source yet are the bullet feeder dies. Not really a problem yet, since I prefer handplacing the bullets at this point anyway. Pretty cool, never really got to play with Dillion's setups, though. When I ran the numbers, Hornady was about 10% cheaper, for comparable features. Dillion's does have a few do-dad features that Hornady doesn't offer, but not any that were a deal breaker for me.

I had one part that was broken when I opened the box. Hornady sent two replacement's just in case, with no problems or hassles.

MC

Hornady AP is nearly extinct. I had one on order for 6 months and cancelled it. X2 on not getting a progressive as your first press. Lots of cash upfront and if it becomes a dust collector you will lose your a$$ on resale value. IMHO

I have a single stage that I load most of my ammo with, but will use a buddy's LnL AP for all of my bulk runs. A Dillon is always a good choice, but if you want to save a few hundred dollars and get equally well made machine pick up the Hornady. You will also get 500 free bullets when you buy the Hornady, so that is a plus as well...

Back
Top Bottom