• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any F1 fans here??

One thing about Red Bull is that they seem to be able to focus their design on one driver.
The second driver (whoever it is) is always noticeably less capable,
First it was Vettel, now it's Verstappen.

Be interesting next year to see what Hamilton can do at Ferrari. (And if they have some secret plan that got him to jump, like Mercedes did when they stole him from McLaren.)

I agree.

I started watching back in about '92. Over the years I have lost interest in it as the V8, V10 and V12s are all gone so the engine sound is nothing close to the past. Just not a fan of the current V6 powertrain & hybrid formula.

The halo cars looks odd to my eyes and several tracks aren't very entertaining. Bahrain is just stuck out in the desert if I remember correctly. I miss watching Mansell, Senna, Hill, Schumacher and Alesi.........

Still see some of it from time to time, but it just isn't like the Michael Schumacher Benetton Ford V8 vs Damon Hill Renault V-10 battles of the past.

Just my opinion of course.

I watched Monaco on ABC (?) even as a child. Watched a lot however I could from about 1983 till several years ago when there was almost no (zero) passing on track, and the most exciting thing was the "undercut". It was soooo bad.

I got to attend the German Gran Prix in 1990. Senna was still with McLaren and Prost had a Ferrari. What was amazing was the noise. Those cars coming off a tight turn were not as high-pitched as heard on TV. Later that week I had to go to the Frankfurt Airport and there was a McLaren semi trailer there. I was just walking around and one of the Honda tech guys invited me in. I couldn't understand some of what he was saying, but he was obviously proud of his and Honda's work.

It's gotten better in the last few years with more passing, more teams battling it out. And everyone always says that "it was better back in 19XX", but drivers died more frequently then too. And the money is stupid crazy today, like a lot of the tracks are boring.

One of my favorite videos is of Schumacher at Monaco (IIRC) and he has a cheap digital Casio type watch taped or glued to his steering wheel. He's doing all those shifts, manhandling the car, and they have a $10 watch on the steering wheel so he can check his lap times!

I'm not a fan of the halo either, or all the "green"-ness. I just want to see good, close racing.

Love Suzuka I may stay up or wake up to watch the race.

Good to see McLaren doing better, I wish Williams could have a comeback, even if the family don’t own it anymore.

I did watch recaps of the 1990 and 1991 seasons this past week. Man, the cars broke down a lot.

Will LouHam make good? Will Ferrari edge up?

What’s happened to the honey badger?

Oh, and was Alonso “at fault “ for Russell’s crash in Australia?

I'm not a fan of the halo either, or all the "green"-ness. I just want to see good, close racing.
If you had seen Grosjean's crash a few years ago, you'd understand the halo better.
His car went straight into a barrier which was basically a stack of steel guardrails. Squeezed between two of them. He only survived because of the halo. That thing is built like a tank.

Back
Top Bottom