• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any good cheap AR trigger upgrades

There is one way to inexpensively get a great trigger and stay under a hundo. ALG ACT nickle boron coated trigger and a set of JP reduced power springs. The ALG ACT trigger will cost 69 or 59 if they are still on sale and a set of JP Enterprises reduced power springs for 10.99. Now the ALG set has two hammer springs a red and purple, the JP spring set has a set of yellow springs. So you get three different levels of pull. I run the JP yellow springs in my target rifle and it has a pull weight of 3 lbs. If you are going from a factory fire control group you will notice the pull weight so drastically you won't believe the difference for the money. Now if you are going to use overseas ammo with hard primers you might not want to use the JP yellow hammer spring. Use the sear spring but not the hammer spring. Factory triggers can and do very often go over 8lbs. and a lot heavier in some. So you will be very happy with the yellow spring for target shooting. Then just swap out to the tactical hammer spring for home defense. That will net you about 5lbs. which is a long way from eight when compared side by side. So you will have over three different set ups when you take in the fact that you get one sear spring and three hammer springs. You get all that for 80 bucks plus shipping all in. It is the single most effective way to alter you AR's trigger drastically and I do mean drastically. THAT IS NOT AN UNDERSTATEMENT! Maybe I ought to say it is the most inexpensive way. My bad.

LaRue MBT. For $89 on sale, it's the best deal going for a 2-stage. If you prefer a single stage, the Rise Armament is pretty nice. I have both and they are both very good triggers with crisp breaks at about 3.5#.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Only one way... why is this still up for discussion? The ODT AR Builder has spoken! Where is @BangBang to validate this?

Ha, my $87 LaRue MBT with springs and pins is the one way for me.
There is one way, not the only way but one way. Don't twist the statement to start a pissing match. It's a good inexpensive way to get it done with options to boot. I don't think we will be hearing from @BangBang for a while.

The statement wasn't made in a this the absolute only way but hey, here is a great and inexpensive way. To say this is the only way would have been gross wealth of misinformation.

Back
Top Bottom