• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any haunted places in Georgia ?

Brother's farm house in SC (I know, not in Georgia) was haunted. I really don't have any explanation for every single cabinet door, drawer and pantry door being open one morning when he woke up. His daughter saw an apparition one night at the end of the hallway in the center of the house. A little girl in a white dress.

I don't believe in ghosts myself. The stories are fun though.

Almost forgot. He was walking down the hall one night and something hit the floor boards underneath the house so hard it knocked him off his feet. I am a non-believer but that'd been IT for me. I'm out.

I ain't skeered.

Growing up we lived all over the US and I could have sworn the house in Blacklick, Ohio was haunted. The house was situated in a then rural part of town with a massive cornfields in the backyard. My father had an office that was next to the living room with floor to ceiling bookshelves where he spent a majority of his time while home. We always seemed to spend time in that room while he was away on business trips, doing our homework or playing. While we were doing our homework on the office floor one day, a few of the books shifted from the back of the shelf to the front edge. I got up and just stared at them perplexed, one toppled over and hit my sister. She started screaming and my mother came running in thinking we had been climbing on the bookcases. We tried to tell her what happened but she didn't believe us.
There were also few times during hot summer nights I heard whistling coming from upstairs when everyone was in the living room. It sounded like that of someone trying to get your attention. I'm sure the windows were probably open and it may have come from outside, but I'm not convinced. I didn't really care for that house and was glad when we moved out.

The cemetery on Great Valley road (formerly Zion) in White, Ga. Its an all black cemetery, the church is gone via the Klan.

There's a rental house 1/2 mile down the road from me that the tenants only ever stay a month or two in. I've tried the welcome to the neighborhood routine quite a few times over the past couple of years and I repeatedly hear the same story of disembodied voices, doors and cabinets slamming, dreadful feeling at night etc. The house sits close to a road named Mayhayley and is rumored to have belonged to Mayhayley Lancaster's sister. The first tenants that told me this I figured were pulling my leg. Now after 4 consecutive tenants in a row telling me this is why they're moving, I'm starting to believe maybe there's something more than meets the eye going on in there.
Mayhayley Lancaster was one of my Grandfather's cousins, he said Mayhayley's sister was pretty strange, even more than Mayhayley. Our family reunions are held at the little church where Mayhayley is buried, I believe her sister is too as is a lot of my old relatives.

Mayhayley Lancaster was one of my Grandfather's cousins, he said Mayhayley's sister was pretty strange, even more than Mayhayley. Our family reunions are held at the little church where Mayhayley is buried, I believe her sister is too as is a lot of my old relatives.
I live relatively close to that church and every october around Halloween i take my kids there, on our spooky locations tour, and leave quarters on her head stone. Supposedly if you do this and leave for a little while when you return the coins will have flipped over. 3 years running and it hasn't worked for us, however last year when we returned after a few other stops at other old cemeteries our coins were gone and no one was there.......

Back
Top Bottom