Any Home Brewers on the site?

I've been brewing for just over a year and a half. I brew all grain mostly, but I do enjoy knocking out some extract when i'm lazy. ;) I started a blog about my homebrewing experiences at homebrewedhappiness.com if anyone is interested. My 2 favorite brews have to be a Corriander Pale Ale and my own SMaSH recipe "SMaSH Bros. Pale Ale" with all Nelson Sauvin hops and Wyeast 3655 Belgian Schelde yeast. Great to meet some new homebrewers on this site! As for a good local place for equipment and ingredients I would have to say Just Brew It! in Fayetteville is a must. Doug is a great guy and knows his stuff.

I've been brewing for almost a year now (done about 12 batches so far), only doing partial mash/extract kits. I just got a part time job working at my local homebrew supply shop, www.barleynvine.com located in Stockbridge. We carry all items for beer, wine & cheese making. Also have a 27 tap Growler Bar. Stop by and look me up if in the area .

Michael

I've been wanting to come down and check out the store, I'll check with you when it looks like i'm headed south and see if you are working. Just got my coupon for the kits, planning on using that ASAP. :)

i HAVE WANTED TO GET INTO HOME BREWING BUT i SPEND ENOUGH MONEY ON DRINKING ALREADY. IF I STARTED BREWING TOO I WOULD NEVER LEAVE HOME, I WOULD END UP HOMELESS,HUNGOVER AND BROKE. NOT TO MENTION DIVORCED.

I've been wanting to come down and check out the store, I'll check with you when it looks like i'm headed south and see if you are working. Just got my coupon for the kits, planning on using that ASAP. :)

Yeah, come on down. I'm usually there Mon-Fri 10-6, but we are open Sat 10-6 and Sun 1-5 as well.
Are you talking about our buy 5 kits and get the 6th kit free coupons?

Yeah, come on down. I'm usually there Mon-Fri 10-6, but we are open Sat 10-6 and Sun 1-5 as well.
Are you talking about our buy 5 kits and get the 6th kit free coupons?

That's the one. I am bottling an imperial pale ale tomorrow night and need a new kit or two. I like your clone brews.

That's the one. I am bottling an imperial pale ale tomorrow night and need a new kit or two. I like your clone brews.

Thanks, we work very hard on making sure they are the best that can be produced. Have some new style kits rolling out this week and next week. Next time your in, make sure you get on our newsletter list if your not on it already. I just became the Beer Manager, so I should always be there Mon-Fri (except this Thursday). Look me up when you come in.

Michael

I started brewing when I was in Germany and knew that I would have to brew my own when I returned to the sates if I wanted good beer. But since i do not have a place that is climate controlled makes it hard here in the GA heat. But I have been wanting toget abck into it. And I also want to learn how to make German Apple wine. I am in Warner Robins and you want to get together and brew or if you mind I would like to help out with your batch to help me re-learn let me know.

You can still brew and just ferment in a closet or guest bathroom where its climate controlled depending on what temp you have your house at. The wort is always a few degrees warmer than ambient temps.

anelson did you find your wyeast? if not check Brew Depot in alpharetta, Hop City downtown ATL, and a new place, Blind Murphy in alpharetta (they just started carrying home brew stuff and have good prices on what they carry. just got a shipment of wyeast a week or so ago...

http://www.blindmurphy.com

just bottled my batch of IPA arrogant bastard clone last night. time for the next batch! if anyone has any kegging stuff they want to sell (corny keg, co2 cylinder, etc) I may move there in the near future.. :)

Back
Top Bottom