• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any HVAC guys on here ?

If you can't get Capt. Dave to come look at it, try Steve Smith at Metro HVAC Solutions--He's in Newnan and used to work with Capt. Dave's brother--470--686--4822--HTH....

Any of you guys service the Senoia area. We had a new system installed 2 years and 3 months ago, our warranty just expired. Went out Saturday night and water was dripping from the emergency drain onto our front porch. Went up into the attic and the drain pan is completely full. We paid to have the ENTIRE system changed out but ECS decided to cut as many corners as possible which we're just now finding out about. The new owners decided we're not their customers and they take no responsibility in the faulty install despite them absorbing ECS. I sent them video's of the unit, both the primary and emergency drain lines are clogged up with rust from the old unit. The new owners sent a cease and desist letter to my wife to have me remove the videos from their FB page thresatening to sue us.
They installed the unit 1/4" from the emergency drain line, so the rust in the line and they unit so close are blocking that drain line. There's a cleanout on the unit side of the p-trap on the man line but no cut off to block water from blasting back into the unit to clear the line from the attic down. I've been shop vaccing the unit everyday, been removing 4 gallons a day.
I need an experienced and trustworthy hvac guy to install a cut off and clean out in the main drain line
Have you tried to bleach the lines? it helps to clean it, pour maybe a cup into it let it sit, and then put some water... If it doesn't unclog... need to go to the nest step.
NEXT STEP: just make a "P" trap in one of the plumbing venting pipe and tie your coil PVC drain into it... (some counties inspectors don't like it, BUT who cares!!!)

Have you tried to bleach the lines? it helps to clean it, pour maybe a cup into it let it sit, and then put some water... If it doesn't unclog... need to go to the nest step.
NEXT STEP: just make a "P" trap in one of the plumbing venting pipe and tie your coil PVC drain into it... (some counties inspectors don't like it, BUT who cares!!!)
It already has a p-trap, the issue I'm facing is the cleanout is just outside the unit. I can't flush the line with water or anything else without flooding the unit

Had a similar problem. Snaked a small fish tape (not sure what size) from outside back in toward unit. Got out some of the nastiest gloop you ever seen. The poured bleach into drain pan to keep it clean since. A friend of mine brought me the fish tape. He used it to put pull cords in micro duct inside finished walls. Made out of fiberglass and about the size of 12 gauge wire. Good luck.

So after shop vacc'ing the pan and p-trap every 3 days I finally made it out to Home Depot. I put the cut off just outside the unit, a clean out just below it and lowered the p-trap a few inches. Still need to another cleanout all the way at the bottom over the pan but forgot it when buying all the pieces
BTW, Capt Dave and the other guys didn't even bother calling me back
IMG_1611.JPG

Back
Top Bottom