• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Any ODTers own a Mini Cooper ?

roundhouse

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
16   0
Reaction score
We just bought a 2010 turbo Six speed.

Yes, I’m aware it’s not a accord or Corolla , and I know it’s gonna be high maintenance.

Anyone else on here have one ?

Yes, I’m aware it’s not a accord or Corolla , and I know it’s gonna be high maintenance.

We had a 09 turbo s. At 96k miles timing chain broke, and ruined all the valves. Estimate was $3500 to repair or $5k for new engine. Dumped it at the scrap yard and put the $3500 into a newer car for the kids.

Daily Driver? I probably wouldn't have a 12 year old one, but depends on the miles & $ paid... My Dad had a couple of them (both the "S" turbo's) & in automatics and He loved them! Crazy fun little cars, even in an automatic. No crazy maintenance for him but his never got out of warranty.:doh: I have been looking at the "E" version (plug-in Hybrid all wheel drive) but people like them ($'s asking) more than I do. Mini had a bad year last year, Atl. metro lost 2 dealerships last year, S. Atlanta closed 3 years ago, before Covid. Not something everybody can work on and the "Quicky Lube" places won't do an oil change on them because of all the plastic underneath that is prone to break... That's about all I know & all I'm going to say about that... :)

Seems like it would be wise to get that Premier AAA membership along with some type of rental insurance coverage if possible for when it goes into the shop.

My brother in law bought one for his wife. In the first six months of ownership it was in the shop for 4 of them. Till a new engine was put in. Thankfully they got a warranty with it but maxed it out already and had to pay a deductible each time the car went in the shop. Oh and the car only had like 55k miles on it.

Back
Top Bottom