• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

any old drag racers here

I got a whole box of 35mm pics from the 80's up at Dallas....was into photography back then, along with drag racing, very sat night....on the fence. Man that was good days !

Used to go to ATLANTA DRAGWAY, AND YELLOW RIVER, my brother-in-law, was the starter for many years,
NHRA, BUSTER COUCH. Man it was fun getting in free and meeting, THE PLATT BROTHERS, DON PRUDONE, BIG DADDY DON GADDY's, and getting to go into the pits and watch the crews tear down and re-built engines in a
hour or less. Many other racers also. John Force, was always nice to let me stand back and watch the car and the crew. They were all class acts.

Yellow River, that's the one with the hump in the middle of the track, saw Richard Petty drag there one time. I ran a '54 Jag XK120 a couple of time at Jefco dragstrip outside of Jefferson in the mid 1960s. Never kept track of the time just ran against what ever was in the other lane.

Does street racing count??? Done plenty of that back in the early - mid 80's. I had a pretty sweet 69 Mustang that would do 12's in the 1/4.

Anyone else remember CRUISING around Stone Mountain - before they kicked everybody out?

My son and I found many a fun afternoon running our 440 Dart at Dallas, Reynolds, Atlanta, even pulled it to Bristol to run. Great times spent at the track, I built em, the son raced em.

I raced SPORTMAN at Dallas in 88 and 89, also Calhoun and Speed Shop a few times. Missed the 1990 season cause I blew up the motor at the Commerce Division Race in 89. I came back in 91 after I got the moter rebuilt but I got happy at the same time and put a taller gear in the rear and it just never ran the same. Too much gear me thinks. I still have the car (69 Nova Supe Sport) but it hasent been run in over 15 years. Having children will do that along with life in general.

Got thrown out of Dragway 42 (in NY state) back in the 80's.
Ran a 10.93, but had no safety equipment. Oh well.
Street racing was more my thing anyways.

Back
Top Bottom