• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any one have experience with gsg 110rd drum for ruger 10/22

I had a lot of problems with my Black Dog drum... hence my scepticism. They did replace it with one that works much better, but it still hiccups once in a while. If this is more reliable that would definitely be worth a shot.

I got the GSG drum today.

It needs work right out of the box. The metal lip on the mag is sharp and needs to be filed. This is going to cause casual shooters a big headache. Most people who buy this mag will think it's a POS without knowing that a very small edge is the problem. After filed down (round the edge) the mag feeds reliably.

Overall, It looks/feels impressive. It's heavy even when it's not loaded. The spring and drum seem to be the exact same as the GSG-5 drums except for the Ruger adapter up top. It's actually really easy to load. Pull the lever, drop a round in it. Release the lever and the spring pushes the round up and at the proper angle.

Is it worth $60? Yes, It's a well built mag that feels like it should last a long time.

This edge needs to be rounded underneath, especially at the corner where the round comes in contact.
zPhoto173.jpg

I received my mag in today. It fit and ran good in my Ruger 10/22 takedown, but would not fit into Ruger American rimfire mag well. I definitely have no regrets so far. Just make sure you take your time loading it.

I received my mag in today. It fit and ran good in my Ruger 10/22 takedown, but would not fit into Ruger American rimfire mag well. I definitely have no regrets so far. Just make sure you take your time loading it.

Exactly. You can't allow the spring to slam home or it will bend the first round against the feed lip. You have to be gentle with it. But it is very easy to load.

I was just at my range cleaning up a pile of 22 brass. All of them looked good with no damage.

I just traded my 10/22. Now I either need to sell this drum or buy another 10/22.

zth5P204H3S.jpg

Back
Top Bottom