• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any Porsche guys here?

Yep. All I can say is buying one is not the problem. Maintaining it (affordably) is the trick. '78 911SC and '87 944 (former) owner.
Well it's not that bad, specially 3.0's and 3.2's (911 SC's and mid-late 80's 911's) but parts do come with the Porsche tax. If you can do the labor yourself which a lot you can, and it's fun, then you can save some money.

Well it's not that bad, specially 3.0's and 3.2's (911 SC's and mid-late 80's 911's) but parts do come with the Porsche tax. If you can do the labor yourself which a lot you can, and it's fun, then you can save some money.

Even with the costs associated, they were still the most fun cars I have ever owned. Miss not having one. Maybe one day I'll be at a place in life where I can own one again. 996 would be my choice if I had the cash, time and place to turn wrenches.

I like the 997 a lot, but the more I look at the 996, the more the more subtle curves grow in me.

So, manual, or tiptronic?

Does the tiptronic shift like a hybrid (I don't know what it is, other than it sounds like it can be shifted manually, with no clutch of course.)

This looks great, the woman's beautiful black hair would look good blowing in the wind. Very affordable and miles are not high at all. (could be cheap due to IMS?)

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/6072715667.html

I like the 997 a lot, but the more I look at the 996, the more the more subtle curves grow in me.

So, manual, or tiptronic?

Does the tiptronic shift like a hybrid (I don't know what it is, other than it sounds like it can be shifted manually, with no clutch of course.)

This looks great, the woman's beautiful black hair would look good blowing in the wind. Very affordable and miles are not high at all. (could be cheap due to IMS?)

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/6072715667.html

manual 1000000000000% triptronics, smg, or whatever another name for a shiftable automatic suck. you will find yourself never using it and the shifts never feel right. There is no substitute to a real manual transmission

manual 1000000000000% triptronics, smg, or whatever another name for a shiftable automatic suck. you will find yourself never using it and the shifts never feel right. There is no substitute to a real manual transmission

The performance of the PDK in the newer Porsches, and even the ATS-V all lap faster than a standard manual.

The fun factor cannot be matched from a real 6-speed though, slower or not.

The performance of the PDK in the newer Porsches, and even the ATS-V all lap faster than a standard manual.

The fun factor cannot be matched from a real 6-speed though, slower or not.

exactly. I know they can be faster and they've honestly came a loooonnnnggg way from where they used to be but its all about the fun factor to me and nothing beats the feeling of a perfectly matched down shift

IMG_20170415_174944_976.jpg

Got my wife a boxster for xmas. Replaced the ims bearing . She loves it. Her daily driver. It took her only a few hrs to learn how to drive a stick shift.

Back
Top Bottom