• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Any problems shooting a 7.62x 39 upper on a full auto M16 lower?

No personal experience here, but I don’t see why you couldn’t as long as the BCG is M16 profile.

You may need a heavier hammer spring for 7.62x39 primers though.

Shouldn't be any problems assuming the combination of parts works to begin with. Mags, upper, etc. if you’ve got a reliable transferable/post-sample lower and you’ve got a reliable 7.62 upper with an FA bolt and reliable mags (may be the hardest to find) it should run just fine

Not sure if dudes have issues using a RDIAS but you’re using an M16 lower so negligible. Yes you may have to tweak springs and stuff just to run the 7.62 but would be doing the same thing for a semi build with said upper. Normal 7.62x39 tweaks

The bolts will fail on either side of the extractor. Does not seem to matter who made the bolt. Buy a spare bolt you will get to use it. A poster on another board I am on posted a picture of 8 failed 7.62x39 bolts. 5 different manufacturers all with the same failure.

We've never run 762x39 on any of ours, we have AKs for that :hat:

That said, there should be no lower wear issues I could think of. Hardest thing will be finding enough reliable mags. Just normal 762x39AR problems.

If I had enough $ to buy both an AK and M16, I wouldn’t care either!
Will find out if and how well it works one day

The bolts will fail on either side of the extractor. Does not seem to matter who made the bolt. Buy a spare bolt you will get to use it. A poster on another board I am on posted a picture of 8 failed 7.62x39 bolts. 5 different manufacturers all with the same failure.

Thanks for the insight

Back
Top Bottom