• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any senoia LEO on here?

I was the recipient of driving award for 85 in a construction zone, 2016 in butt**** south Georgia. I went to court, the judge reduced the the ticket to plain old speeding at 69mph so I would not get the points because I have a pretty clean driving record, paid the $450 fine and went on my way. About half of the people in court were there for speeding in a construction zone. Can you say revenue generator. BTW there were no workers on the highway when I was speeding. Do the crime pay the fine.

send her to court and let the chips fall where they may.She s a big girl and knows the rules. Nobody makes you drive fast. Got pulled by a M/C cop once,he said do you know how fast you were going? I said no sir, thats your job.He told me, well I couldnt clock you but slow it down.

I was the recipient of driving award for 85 in a construction zone, 2016 in butt**** south Georgia. I went to court, the judge reduced the the ticket to plain old speeding at 69mph so I would not get the points because I have a pretty clean driving record, paid the $450 fine and went on my way. About half of the people in court were there for speeding in a construction zone. Can you say revenue generator. BTW there were no workers on the highway when I was speeding. Do the crime pay the fine.

As you found out, it doesn't matter if the construction zone is active or not. Posted as a construction zone is all it takes.

Georgia is one of the very few states where the enhanced fines for speeding in a construction zone apply 24/7 regardless of whether there are actually workers there or not.

As you found out, it doesn't matter if the construction zone is active or not. Posted as a construction zone is all it takes.

Georgia is one of the very few states where the enhanced fines for speeding in a construction zone apply 24/7 regardless of whether there are actually workers there or not.

I'm not complaining I was aware well before I received my award. It was a beautiful day with almost no traffic, I was talking with my friend on our way to the CMP not paying attention to my speed. I earned the ticket and paid the fine. I consider myself lucky that the judge reduced the speed to keep the points off my record.

**** speeding tickets #autobahn life. Now will a mod close this thread already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Serve and protect. I feel so much safer. Thank you officer/revenue collector...............I have yet to have a police officer on site when needed, but have had them around often to collect revenue. Bottom line, they are revenue collectors and need to change the name of their official role. No offense, but that’s my life experience, nothing more. Has anyone here had an experience where the police showed up to protect you? Has anyone here had a cop show up to collect revenue?

[QUOTE="Kman, post: 10816561, member: 5523"Has anyone here had an experience where the police showed up to protect you? [/QUOTE]

I have :)

If you want your own personal one to follow you around at public expense best bet is to run for president.

Back
Top Bottom