• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Any watch people here???

LOL. NOW we're having fun!

Watching this right now...never heard of Steinhart but damn if that Omega isn't gorgeous!

Skip Breitling, Invictas, Lum Tec, both are fine sub $500 watches. Anymore more and save for a Rolex!

Rolex makes a really purdy watch for women & 150lb dudes, I'm neither... LOL
image.jpeg

Hell, the $75 Invictas are some damn pretty watches with some serious presence. I have read some pretty snobbish reviews of them though. But damn they look good. And the Hydromaxs look freaking awesome! But I have zero use for that crystal. I'd probable snag it on something and clothesline myself. LOL.

hydro.jpg

Hell, the $75 Invictas are some damn pretty watches with some serious presence. I have read some pretty snobbish reviews of them though. But damn they look good. And the Hydromaxs look freaking awesome! But I have zero use for that crystal. I'd probable snag it on something and clothesline myself. LOL.

View attachment 621766

Jesus:doh:, you know those aren't Invictas in my photo.... As @Porsche958 is :rofl:

If you want a luxury watch and don't want an automatic, then Rolex is out anyway.

If you're not opposed or do want an auto, then the options are wide open. I personally like the heavier, chunkier, larger watches without getting extreme. I LOVE the Super Avenger but a chronograph is out for me bc I want to see the sweeping second hand, not a tiny sub dial.

The Tissot Seastar 1000 I had was a great watch for under $1000, actually was about half that at the time. The new style Seastar is nice too but I like the older ones better. You can find a lot of stuff to suit your taste and style on those watch forums. I prefer divers and there's a bunch of those also!

I do love the Omega as well, since it's been mentioned already. The Co-Axial movement is supposed to be top notch. But one thing I don't like about it is it has a relatively choppy second hand sweep compared to other brands. Doesn't stop me from wanting one though...

Yes I know those aren't Invictas...dumb cracka. ;)

Two different trains of thought. The Invicta's ain't especially great for the Rolex arm if the 150 LB assessment is correct. Some of them damn things have 52MM cases. Hoo BOY! But at the risk of being plumb tacky...well, I LIKE the look of them.

Stang - I'm not sure about the automatics since I don't want to be a watches bitch, living to keep it wound. My Tissot is an automatic and if I wore it more often it's get annoying...or I'd have to buy a winder as Porsche suggested. I don't mind winding and setting it since I only wear it once a month or so. And if I wore the same watch daily it'd be perfect. But I'm fickle. I like to change watches daily or even more often sometimes. My wife and I went to Atlanta last week and I wore my Tag. When I got home I put it in the safe and put on one of my Citizens. Friday I put on a Citizen and when I got to work I took it off and put on my Casio. When I went home I swapped the casio back out for the Citizen. I have 3 tiers of watch...work, EDC and special occasion. And I will wear a watch that I think looks better with an outfit, silver with black, gold with browns, etc.

I'm also on a budget...not like Safecracka. He can afford much nicer toys than I can so I'll most likely never own a Rolex...or even an Omega for that matter. I can live with that, but I don't want to be stuck with WalMart crap either. Citizen or better....OK well, maybe Invicta or better. lol.

Oh...I also have no desire for a chronograph. Just useless clutter and it annoys me to have the second hand not really being the second hand. The Invicta I got has 3 sub dials but they are day, date and 24 hour dial. That I like. Otherwise all I care about is the date and maybe the day of the week. That's one of the things I like about that Hydromax I posted. It is massive but the face is clean and masculine. And I REALLY like that skull. LOL.

Back
Top Bottom