• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody around here chop Glock 17 grip down to a G26 grip?

I'm gonna do it and engrave "Hogleg" on the side of the slide......maybe. I just traded for a G17 Gen 3 RTF.......probably heresy to chop it down but I thought the grip would allow a more "factory" or at least a more professionally done look.....but my dremel is calling me like a sweet siren song from the bottom right drawer of my large tool box in the shop..............."I ...MUST ...RESIST!!!!"

Last edited:
The picture I posted of the G17 barrel with ten-rounders with finger extensions would be just about a perfect CCW for me. The ability to take ALL the Glock mags no matter the model (in 9mm of course) is icing on the cake. Actually the icing on the cake is the longer barrel to reduce recoil and longer sight radius.

I sit here on the brink. I am going tomorrow to attempt to trade my 17 for my 26 I traded away a few months ago. I have debated the 17 to 19. I even have the sharpie drawn for the cut. I'm now wondering about just cutting it to 26. The problem I have now (other than wanting something new) is where my barrel on my 19 presses against a nerve. Hmm

I have debated doing this several times over the past few years. I have googled 19l and 26l as well as 17 chop and 19 chop. Then I look at the images. I have found there are several different ways people do them and some stipple and some do not. Some look factory some look "interesting". I took my 17 to the range today and shot with a 2 finger grip like a 26. I was surprised how balanced it felt

Back
Top Bottom