• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Anybody get drawn for quota hunts?

MRH

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
God, family, guitars, and guns.
208   0
Reaction score
I finally got drawn for Hard Labor Creek state park...I've been waiting 3 years for that one...I also got picked for the first BF Grant hunt...So, November 3-4 I'll be at Hard Labor, and November 5-6 I'll be at BF Grant. It's going to be a fantastic week. Can't wait!

Years ago, played HLC Golf course..Had to run the deer off the fairway, and push them off the road..Place is like Berry College, Covered up..Good luck!

Reactions: MRH
I've put in for the first hunt at BF Grant at least 6 years in a row. Never got picked. Got picked for the 2nd hunt twice. Blanked this year (again).
Did you use points for Hard Labor? I put in for that one every year as well but never picked. Of course... I've yet to burn any points so I'm not helping myself. :)

I've put in for the first hunt at BF Grant at least 6 years in a row. Never got picked. Got picked for the 2nd hunt twice. Blanked this year (again).
Did you use points for Hard Labor? I put in for that one every year as well but never picked. Of course... I've yet to burn any points so I'm not helping myself. :)

I only had 1 priority point for BF Grant and got picked. The first hunt is a tough one to get picked from what I hear...I haven't been at BF Grant in over 20 years.

This was my third year in a row trying for HLC...I had 2 priority points so that's why I got picked. Yeah I'm pretty sure you won't get picked for HLC unless you use your points...That's why you have points. Use them! Lots of guys are trying to get in there. You have to use those points for the most desired hunts.

Both hunts are back to back. I am stoked!

That's why you have points. Use them! Lots of guys are trying to get in there. You have to use those points for the most desired hunts.
I know. I keep hoping/waiting for my son to get into hunting (so I'm really just building points). He'll be 13 soon. If the flip doesn't switch, I'll quit waiting.
The odds are posted http://www.georgiawildlife.com/site...g/pdf/quota/DEER SELECTION DATA 2014-2015.pdf
One point on BFG was a good wager as was 2 points for HLC. http://www.georgiawildlife.com/site...TE PARK SELECTION DATA 2014-2015 complete.pdf

Good luck! (In for pics of dead venison.)

Due to health can't do the draws anymore..Started my son out at age 4 with dove..Loved every minute of it...Grandson is 9 may start taking him out..That is if he straightens up, now he is a spoiled brat.

Back
Top Bottom