• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody have a good pickled egg recipe?

Report back with your results.
Well after seeing yours and knowing we did it about the same time...I could not wait until next week.

Not bad
egg.jpg

Nice color penetration, how do they taste?
I was going to post the Alligator egg recipe but now I can't find the one that I used:noidea:

Ok so I finally got around to making the smoked pickled eggs.
I think I outsmarted myself...again.
Normally I just put the raw eggs in the smoker and let them do their thing. I was thinking that the vinegar might wash out the flavor and I wanted good smoke penetration so I soft boiled the eggs first for 6 minutes and then peeled and smoked them.
The result of that was the outer part of the egg turned somewhat rubbery so I won't do that again. They did have good flavor though.
Nothing fancy on the juice. Vinegar, salt, pepper, chopped onion, garlic, hot sauce, a dash of liquid smoke, pickling spices and a few jalapeños.
Mixed in a cup of BBQ sauce and simmered a bit.
I'll let them sit a couple of weeks and file a report.
20230702_201326.jpg
20230702_195109.jpg

Ok so I finally got around to making the smoked pickled eggs.
I think I outsmarted myself...again.
Normally I just put the raw eggs in the smoker and let them do their thing. I was thinking that the vinegar might wash out the flavor and I wanted good smoke penetration so I soft boiled the eggs first for 6 minutes and then peeled and smoked them.
The result of that was the outer part of the egg turned somewhat rubbery so I won't do that again. They did have good flavor though.
Nothing fancy on the juice. Vinegar, salt, pepper, chopped onion, garlic, hot sauce, a dash of liquid smoke, pickling spices and a few jalapeños.
Mixed in a cup of BBQ sauce and simmered a bit.
I'll let them sit a couple of weeks and file a report.
i1vjbaspe3971.gif

Back
Top Bottom