• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody into Bonsai Tree growing ?

What would you guys recommend for indoor (a lot of light though) and that can withstand not being watered for 10-14 days in case I have to travel (usually once in the winter)?

What would you guys recommend for indoor (a lot of light though) and that can withstand not being watered for 10-14 days in case I have to travel (usually once in the winter)?
I'm more than happy to talk about plants but what I would recommend is calling the folks at Full Moon Bonsai in Marietta and let them give you professional advice
You're more than welcome to message me and I'll be happy to help you in whatever way I can.
I've been doing it for almost 20 years and everyday is still a learning experience.

Thank you!
In the mean time I may have solved the problem with the watering when I leave, so that gives more degrees of freedom as far as what plant to chose.

Thank you!
In the mean time I may have solved the problem with the watering when I leave, so that gives more degrees of freedom as far as what plant to chose.
If water isn't going to be a issue I'd probably go with a variety of ficus, they grow well indoors are probably in my opinion the easiest thing for beginners to work with and are readily available at most garden centers.

That is what I was thinking. From what I read the Golden Gate Ficus (or Tiger Bark whatever the name is), Chinese Elm and Fulkien seem to be ok indoor.
Considering that I am total beginner, what do you recommend, a pre-potted small bonsai or a regular plant?

That is what I was thinking. From what I read the Golden Gate Ficus (or Tiger Bark whatever the name is), Chinese Elm and Fulkien seem to be ok indoor.
Considering that I am total beginner, what do you recommend, a pre-potted small bonsai or a regular plant?
I'd go with a pre-made and see how you like it. There's always room for growth if you get the bug.
That's how I started and it eventually grew to over 25 plants.
The fulkien tea is a nice compact tree. I have one in my collection.

The fulkien tea is a nice compact tree. I have one in my collection.
I did not know Home Depot had them :D.

VUCTDVc.jpg

Ed6zGqT.jpg

I think I still want a Golden Gate Ficus, bigger than this Fukien Tea

Sadly we lost one of the best resources for Bonsai in the Atl area. The monastery garden center and bonsai supply apparently didn't survive the scamdemic.
I tried to call yesterday about picking up some supplies but they're saying it's closed permanently.🙁

Back
Top Bottom