• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

anybody know where I can find a good deal on my first AR?

haymons22

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
108   0
Reaction score
I'm going to buy my first AR in the next couple of weeks and I was just wondering if anyone could recommend a good store to buy from?

I'm looking to spend around $6-700. I know that I won't be able to get a really nice one for that price, but I figured I could get a good entry level one and upgrade it later. My normal gun store that I frequent usually has RRA but they're normally around $900. I would be willing to travel up around ATL to get it if that would help me out lol.

I've seen a comment or two about it not being a good time to buy right now due to the election, so I may be wasting my time but I figured most of y'all on here already have or have had several and would know where I may be able to find a good deal.

Thanks for any advice and as always God bless.

I've thought about that. I'm very ignorant when it comes to AR's though. I remember reading on here that they don't have a dust cover and something else that other AR's do have. Could you explain the significance of that to me please?

Academy Sports has Windham Weaponry AR's for $850. I know that is a little higher than what you qouted but its a damn fine AR made in the Bushmaster factory in Windham Maine, by former Bushmaster employees. I don't know if you can spend the extra cash, but it would be worth it if you can. I love the one I picked up a few weeks ago as an extra AR.

Doesn't have a forward assist which is not really needed as far as the dust cover if you are shooting at the range mostly you shouldn't need it as well. But for some people thats a deal breaking not having them on a AR.

Would those be parts that I could add on later? Or would I have to buy a whole new upper or lower? Thanks for the advice. I may look into one of those. I can probably spend the $850 but I'm not real sure. The M&P sport would be better for me as far as price, but if it won't perform as well as others then I would rather come up with the extra $

I can't attest to the quality other than the mixed reviews I've read, but Palmetto State Armory has some nice ones for around the $600 mark. Also, if you'll watch the Classifieds here you should be able to snag up a deal.

Back
Top Bottom