• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody own a battery powered weed eater ?

Been a gas man all my life and needed a new hedge trimmer and was tired of the cord and gas was stupid expensive for quality so I broke down and bought the 40V Ryobi which I’m not a fan of. Brought it home unboxed it and tried it out. I was so impressed I went out and bought the weed whacker, and to my surprise it was just as amazing!!! I do recommend having 2 battery’s. Not that mine ran out it just allows you more run time. I used both the hedge trimmer and weed whacker all day Saturday 8 hrs and only had to charge once

Buy a Stihl or Echo and use the premixed fuel. I haven’t had starting trouble in almost 10 years. I’ve never even cleaned the carb or changed spark plug. Just the filter. Starts on 2nd pull every time, never stalls.

I bought an 18v Makita weedeater and it works great for typical yard work. If you plan on using it to clear a lot of weeds/brush, stick with gas. If you just need it to trim around trees and edge, battery power works and is more convenient.

I use an EGO power plus 56V trimmer and it would cut my whole yard and still have juice to blow it with the blower. Bit pricey and warranty was solid. Got a battery replaced for free after two years due to not charging. New one has been working fine for 2 years since replacement.

If you have other Ryobi tools and batteries, they are ok too.

EGO 56V on its third year. Love this thing. Plenty of power. Newer ones have a self loading feature and you can get an edger attachment. Have a matching blower too. Can weedeat the yard and blow everything on one 2.5 Ah battery. In the fall blower lasts about 20-25 minutes per battery. Highly recommend.

5 or 6 years ago I got 24v Weedeater brand weedwacker. I was tired of little 2 stroke motors.

Best purchase ever in tools. It runs on 2 12v batteries about the size of alarm panel batteries. It has plenty of power, but is not a brush cutter, grass and weeds only.

One charge does around the house and barn.

I have Greenworks Pro and its’ great.

Like someone said, get 2 batteries, and make sure you register them for the warranty. A replacement battery for a $200 weed eater is $199 of that cost.

Black n Decker 20V weed eater and leaf blower set, they both work well and are light weight, I got them on sale on Veteran's Day for $25 3 years ago. Ended up giving my antiquated gas powered weed eater away

Back
Top Bottom