• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody seen any white tails yet this morning?

It does. I put down quite a few with it, including a big hog. I sent an arrow lengthwise through a big doe once when I had no other shot. Entered the front of chest between the legs and exited through the pelvis bone and all the way out the back... not fun field dressing that one.
The Excaliburs are brutal without a doubt. I just got into archery hunting a few years ago. I got the Equinox tipped with Excalibur Boltcutter broadheads. My first (and only so far) bow kill was a big doe. She was coming straight towards me so I took the head on shot. Sounded like she got slapped with a 2x4. The bolt went straight through her long ways and exited 1/2" to the left of her puckered starfish. She ran about 40 yards and bled out. I never could find the bolt. Those Excaliburs have soooo much power.

You wouldn't think a recurve (Excaliber) would have more power than a cross bow with cams. I've been wanting an Excalber but dang they are high.

You wouldn't think a recurve (Excaliber) would have more power than a cross bow with cams. I've been wanting an Excalber but dang they are high.
I think my Excalibur Exomax was shooting around 385 fps which is about the same as a lot of other cammed crossbows. I think one of the disadvantages is that with the Excalibur you probably have a higher draw weight and you have to pull that back the full length. You don't get that drop in weight halfway back before your arms are way up in the air behind your back. Us shorter guys don't have the arm length to draw them back as easily as someone with long arms. I had to pre-load the string on the cocking rope so that my draw back wasn't as far.
One of the things I really like about the Excaliburs is the simplicity. So much less to go wrong with them than a cam xbow, and you don't have near as much tuning or adjustments to worry about or that can go wrong. I really love my newer Scorpyd but I do worry about being on a trip and having something go wrong and not having the spare parts or cables, press, etc.

That is a decent price. It's only 20fps faster than mine but it didn't list the kinetic energy.
That 225# draw weight is tough though. That's the reason I got out of compound bows. Bad right shoulder...

That is a decent price. It's only 20fps faster than mine but it didn't list the kinetic energy.
That 225# draw weight is tough though. That's the reason I got out of compound bows. Bad right shoulder...
Yeah, shoulder issues is the same reason I originally got the crossbow. I could still pull it back but at times I thought hard about buying it he of the cranking aids...

Back
Top Bottom