• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody seen any white tails yet this morning?

Saw 6 yesterday. I had a really nice 8 come at 37 yards but I got busted as I was drawing my bow back, I had it about halfway back when he saw me that was at 0730 yesterday morning. Then had a spike get within 5 feet of my stand. He didn't even notice me. Gotta love dead down wind.

Evening hunt I saw a different spike, and 3 does. Didn't take a shot on any of them.

Dead down wind products are awesome.
They have a powder scent attractant that is like fine ground flour with little bits of something mixed in.
Whatever it is it's sweet smelling and it drives them mad.
I put a few puffs on my boots and puff it every 30 yards or so on my walk in.
Then in a triangular pattern at three points 30 yards apart around my stand.
I've had them follow my footsteps and look up my ladder for the source of that smell.
I'll have to snap a pic of that stuff.
I'll be darned if I can find this powder scent attractant you mention above. Can you post a link or are you sure it's the DDW brand?

IMG_5391.JPG
I'll be darned if I can find this powder scent attractant you mention above. Can you post a link or are you sure it's the DDW brand?

Man...I
Sincerely apologize.
The bottle Looks just like my other dead down wind products but once you Posted I took another look at it and it's this stuff.

View attachment 1321011

Man...I
Sincerely apologize.
The bottle Looks just like my other dead down wind products but once you Posted I took another look at it and it's this stuff.

Can you post a pic of the other one you use, this one is out of stock everywhere. Do you just spray it around when your walking to your stand?

Back
Top Bottom