• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody use a float tube to fish?

calebp

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
231   0
Reaction score
Just discovered these things but it looks like a great way to get to some deeper water without having a boat. Thought about picking one up as we live about 300 yards from the lake at Allatoona, just not sure if being out in the middle of the lake on a float tube would be a death wish as busy as allatoona gets in the summer.

Any feedback/experience/advice appreciated.

Thanks!
Caleb

Just discovered these things but it looks like a great way to get to some deeper water without having a boat. Thought about picking one up as we live about 300 yards from the lake at Allatoona, just not sure if being out in the middle of the lake on a float tube would be a death wish as busy as allatoona gets in the summer.

Any feedback/experience/advice appreciated.

Thanks!
Caleb

Streams yes, Lake with traffic, better have a pole and flag attached at least 4ft high..

...just not sure if being out in the middle of the lake on a float tube would be a death wish as busy as allatoona gets in the summer.

I think you just answered your own question. :) After seeing the typical summertime people that flock to Toona in the summer, I would be very nervous to be in the middle of that lake in a float tube.

Oh hell no...

a133.idata.over_blog.com_600x449_4_38_83_61_DSC00990.JPG

I have two of them. Love to put in at buford damn and go to the island. Pick up a limit of trout and stay cool this time of year. Just check on the water release times. If you hear the horn get the **** out.

I have two of them. Love to put in at buford damn and go to the island. Pick up a limit of trout and stay cool this time of year. Just check on the water release times. If you hear the horn get the **** out.

We've been doing this for years. On a hot summer day it's a great day of fishing and you're not roasting hot. We went a couple of weeks ago on a Sunday and caught 20+ trout apiece. We have the heavy duty camo tubes and we also use them for duck hunting.

Back
Top Bottom