• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

anyone casting their own?

I've scored a few here and a few there, but nothing big. I think the days of buckets of wheels weights are over. They all say they're going to steel or zinc. One shop hooked me up a little, but said they get big $$ for selling to a recycler.

Scrap lead closed out for over a $1.21 today on the market.
Zinc and Iron wheel weights are in the future with the lead ones being phased out.
Need to make friends with a non chain tire store. They might be able to help you out.
Going rate is a dollar a pound when you can find it on the net. That's not including shipping.
Take a look over on the cast boolit web site. You might be able to buy some there.
I do a lot of casting for handguns and some rifles. It is worthwhile but then again it can also get expensive.

Tom

we are all going to steel weights. federal law is coming. and battery companies are paying big bucks for scrap weights. I sell some to my regulare customers that reload, the give it away days are over.

I have at least a hundred pounds of lead in ingots that I have been toting around with me for years. It started as wheel weights from when I worked part time at a gas station in the mid seventies and it is slowly dwindling away. I also lately have been buying linotype off a fellow on eBay, but that stuff is getting expensive now days.

Back
Top Bottom