• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone deer hunt using DRT method?

STIHL301

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
5   0
Reaction score
Looking to change up my hunting style using a DRT climbing method with ropes. Wondering if anybody here uses this method and what equipment you use?
Luckily I sell arborist gear at my store so getting setup should be fairly easy.

Looking to change up my hunting style using a DRT climbing method with ropes. Wondering if anybody here uses this method and what equipment you use?
Luckily I sell arborist gear at my store so getting setup should be fairly easy.
That's how I climb. I also use 2 tethers to climb instead of 1 sticking. I got most of my DRT info from nysaddlehunters on YouTube.

How are you liking that set up? i ended up going with primal vsteps paired with a knaider and swaider and its much more compact than my hawk sticks and lighter too.
I tried the vsteps with knaider/swaider. It worked for me but I didn't like having to attached multiple steps. It was time consuming for me. I fumbled around with steps too much.

That's my complete setup
20230221_115849.jpg

Looks like you’d make a lot of noise going up & descending..?
Not at all. Coming down is real quite because I just rappel down. No sticks or steps to unattach. Just rappel down, pull my rope down, and I'm done.

Back
Top Bottom