• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone doing BRAG (Bicycle Ride Across Georgia)

I attempted BRAG in 1988 and had to drop out and call my dad for a ride home. :mad:
Had an osteochondroma of the left distal femur that was killing me.

Operated on/repaired a few months later and ortho did a great job as it survived Parris Island after recovery and getting back in shape. Has never bothered me since.

Glad to see its still going on and would like to conquer it one day.

Good luck and have fun!

BTW....I still want to come see you about getting a mountain bike!

Not me but my cousin and her husband do the tandem BRAG thing.

Not sure if they are still into it or not. Getting ready to sell their house and do the RV thing across the country.

If they would move it a bit earlier I would do it LOL.( Just for me! ) ....I am going to Vermont the EXACT week it is happening. BUT i will be participating in a family triathalon - Duck man race....always a great time.

I attempted BRAG in 1988 and had to drop out and call my dad for a ride home. :mad:
Had an osteochondroma of the left distal femur that was killing me.

Operated on/repaired a few months later and ortho did a great job as it survived Parris Island after recovery and getting back in shape. Has never bothered me since.

Glad to see its still going on and would like to conquer it one day.

Good luck and have fun!

BTW....I still want to come see you about getting a mountain bike!

atljetmech atljetmech Say When!!.....Im in the same place! You should give it another go! Glad everything worked out well for you...

shaneadams90 shaneadams90 What is you bike set up? - Here are some biker questions....

Carbon?
Strava?
Ceramic Bearings?
Kila-joules?
Watts?
LOLOLLOLOLLL

10thmountain 10thmountain here it goes
Carbon:
I ride what I want to sell...so that means I normally* ride Trek Road bikes...always Carbon..Love me some carbon.

Strava?
I quit riding with Data a long time ago...all it does is tell me how fast I USED to be and how SLOW I am now..The only data I keep is how much time in the saddle I spend.

Ceramic Bearings:
Depends.. Road bike = Yes please...every where.
MTB= Not worth it as they wear quickly due to harsh condition and are expensive to replace.

Watts?
Measurement of power....far superior way of actually training...especially when paired with Heart Rate Monitor and someone the knows how to merge the two data streams...

Now I ride what I sell...but the bike below is my full custom STEEL Road back... her name is Fastback.
Features
Carol Shelby inspired paint job
Columbus Tube set
Campy Super Record 11
Enve Carbon wheels, fork, handle bars all painted to match..
Keo Carbon Ti pedals
Leather wrapped bars
Complete bike weighs in at 16.5 lbs and rides like a DREAM!!

417370_346308115414342_1366302897_n.jpg

421985_344041122307708_2063516459_n.jpg

430578_344041362307684_2079994337_n.jpg

563755_362101133835040_149281070_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom