anyone eat opossum... recipes?

Recipe

1 large trash bag.
2 bars of disenfecting soap.
1 shovel
1 tetanus shot kit.
1 hole 18in deep x 18in long x 10in wide

Insert possum into hole and fill until the ugly bastard can no longer be seen or smelled.

And....

1 large possum, skinned, dressed, and washed
1 quart beer
4 tablespoons Tabasco sauce
1 1/2 tablespoon salt
2 onions, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
4 sweet potatoes
2 ribs celery, chopped
1 ounce whiskey

I would use the first recipe and combine two ingredients from the second....

After I ..."Insert possum into hole and fill until the ugly bastard can no longer be seen or smelled.

Then I would drink the quart of beer and the ounce of whisky...

Outdoorsman1

edit.. nevermind found it oct 15 to feb 29

next question.. anybody eat opossum?

Have not eaten one myself, but an ‘old timer’ I once knew swore by the following recipe:

Preheat oven to 375

1 freshly cleaned possum
2 fresh steaming cow patties
Salt and pepper to taste
Stuff body cavity of possum with patties
Place in oven, cook for 1.5 hours
Remove from oven and allow meat to rest for 15 minutes
Carefully remove cow patties and place on serving platter
Throw possum in trash and eat patties

Have not eaten one myself, but an ‘old timer’ I once knew swore by the following recipe:

Preheat oven to 375

1 freshly cleaned possum
2 fresh steaming cow patties
Salt and pepper to taste
Stuff body cavity of possum with patties
Place in oven, cook for 1.5 hours
Remove from oven and allow meat to rest for 15 minutes
Carefully remove cow patties and place on serving platter
Throw possum in trash and eat patties

:lol:

years ago went to this guys house who has a massive throw down for Super Bowl...no one cares who is playin' but whats cooking and whats on tap...I mean BBQ, Ribs, Pot Luck, Pig in the pit and everything....where there is always the mystery table...most things you recognize and are good like chicken livers, gizzards, grouper throats, mountain oysters, etc...well there was something that looked exactly like chicken nuggets...I was confused thought this platter was misplaced. well took a toothpick plucked one up and dunked it in honey mustard...I ate about 4 of em until I heard some folks snickerin'....lets just say it was a possum from 2 nights ago that was robbing eggs from the chicken house....good at the time of consumption??? yes...ever again...NOPE!

We've had possums coming onto the back porch lately and eating cat food, but they are far from a threat. I've literally walked out with a maglite to scare it off(after watching it for a second to make sure it wasn't foaming at the mouth) and watched it scurry right past the cat on it's way down the deck stairs, no confrontation on either part. I live in a neighborhood, so I'd have to get crafty if I wanted to kill them, but I'm pretty content just leaving them be.......at least until I had a good reason. I'll leave it up to ol Inigo Montoya in the meantime:

i51.tinypic.com_nr0emt.jpg

I wish I could photoshop a possum in there, but he kills pretty much every squirrel, chipmunk, or mole in the yard

Back
Top Bottom