• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Anyone feel bad...

AKguy

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
74   1
Reaction score
when they get waved by another rider but can't wave back? It happens all the time to me when I'm shifting gears and my hand is pre-occupied w/the clutch.

I, as a rule, don't wave to people on Harleys. The reason is, I don't ride a Harley and I have noticed that when I wave to Harley riders, I rarely get a wave or a even so much as a nod.

Most of the time I give the low two finger wave. When I first started riding, I didn't know what protocol was so I did it to everyone on two wheels. I slipped up and gave it to a guy on a moped one time when I didn't see him approaching till the last second. Now I just wait for the other rider to initiate and then I'll follow through. I'm not one for getting hung out in the wind.

I, as a rule, don't wave to people on Harleys. The reason is, I don't ride a Harley and I have noticed that when I wave to Harley riders, I rarely get a wave or a even so much as a nod.

Harleys are hit or miss. I'd say a good 95% of the riders I wave to wave back. I occasionally get that one Harley douche that's like "I ain't wavin to no crotch rocket".

Yeah, Harley riders are elitists...They probably don't think your moped necessarily makes you one of them. :)

I did the super-secret hand signal a few times Sunday but there were a few I missed as I wanted my hand to stay on the handlebar.

On a side note, I've, uh, recently joined the Nissan Leaf club and wondered if...uh....there's a hand signal for LEAFers. I know, I know....I'm NOT a green, liberal person and drive a Silverado on the home depot days. I admit they have a ghey looking rear end and bug eye lights but it sure is a fun, smooth, quiet, torquey ride. Sorry for the thread train wreck!

Back
Top Bottom