• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Anyone feel bad...

I sell, modify and repair pedal type mopeds and scooters. I often ride mopeds and scooters even though I have several large motorcycles. The 50cc scooters are popular in North and South Carolina because winos who have lost their licenses for DUIs are allowed to ride them. Most of the 50cc mopeds and scooters I sell are to Carolina winos or to older people that carry them on a rack on their motorhome. There is a world famous street race for 50cc mopeds and scooters held every October in Suches, Georgia. Most of the mopeds and scooters have heavily modified engines and some are capable of over 80mph. The race called the True Grits Run and for many years was an AMA sanctioned event.
http://www.champsclock.com/50cc.htm

Please wave to my wino customers on their weedwacker powered bikes.

Back in the 80's I rode a Honda Interceptor, waved or nodded to everyone. Harley's rarely waved back. Been riding Harley's since the 90's and metric bikes half the time don't wave back. Who cares, I am at peace that I salute a fellow biker.

I have several customers in their 80s who have owned big motorcycles in the past and are physically not able to handle a a motorcycle due to balance problems, weak legs or inability to shift gears. Rather then give up riding or get a large trike they have opted for scooters. I have done trike conversions and mounted sidecars for several. One 82 year old has Vincent that looks like it just came off the showroom floor. It would be a shame not to return a wave to these ancient bikers.
COZY1.jpg
Tpx.jpg

I usually wave but when in heavy mc traffic areas like the mountains it just gets tedious. With a bike around every corner I give it a rest Harley or not

Back
Top Bottom