Anyone getting ready for Primitive/Black Powder Deer season yet?

I understand it isn't loaded at the muzzle, but neither is it a contemporary firearm. I seems counterintuitive that it be prohibited , but there are so many who LOVE technicalities..

I can't find anywhere it states that it is prohibited. Can you guys post a link?

IF I do get a concrete 'no' on it's use in BP season..guess what I'll be doing on the opening day of firearms..:cool:..Thanks guys

Technicalities are often what the government uses to harm ordinary folks. I've had three encounters with DNR rangers while in the field. One guy was terrific. The other guy (encountered twice) had the makings of a fascist.

Call DNR and ask for clarification. Hope you'll get a more concrete answer than I did.

LEGAL FIREARMS, PRIMITIVE WEAPONS & ARCHERY EQUIPMENT

CONVICTED FELONS may not possess any rearm (including primitive weapons) while hunting unless that individual’s right to carry has been restored (OCGA § 16-11-131). This does not apply to archery equipment.

PRIMITIVE WEAPONS

Legal weapons during primitive weapons season include crossbows, bow and arrow, and any muzzleloading firearm. Scopes are legal.

ARCHERY EQUIPMENT

Crossbows, longbows, recurve bows, and compound bows are allowed for hunting any game or feral hog. Arrows for hunting deer, bear or feral hog must be broadhead type.

LOADED WEAPON

A firearm is considered loaded if a shell is in the chamber or magazine; a percussion cap is on the nipple; or powder is present on the frizzen pan. A crossbow is considered loaded if it is cocked.

DEER & BEAR FIREARMS

• Modern Rifles and Handguns: Center Fire Only,.22-cal.or larger with expanding bullets.

I will try to keep you posted if I find anything bud. I will be trying at least once on family property either way. It's a bucket list obsession at this point lol.

Well since we're both in Cumming maybe you should take me with you and I'll bring a rifle, we could always say I was the shooter. :becky:

I center punched one last year with my .45, but I'll be checking zero regardless. I'll run a few rounds through it tomorrow after I get out of the woods.
This may be my last season shooting a .45 due to the scarcity of .45 cal accessories.

Back
Top Bottom