• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone have a log splitter they want to rent me?

We sell a TON of those Huskee's. The only thing i wish they had was the manual choke. Although i believe the 2014 models do have a choke now.

its been a good splitterl

we used to rent em, there was a rental place that had em for $60 a weekend,
they closed and Home Despot wants $95 a day,

we paid less than a G for the Huskee, at TSC

Its a good splitter, I usually run it at high idle.
dont need to rev it full throttle unless its a tough knot.

although Im gonna get a ATV throttle cable and mount it on the control lever so I can rev it when I need to

Thats exactly what I need! I hear GREAT things about that Huskee 22 ton splitter. What are you splitting there?

Here is almost 2 cords of sweet chestnut and red oak I had dropped about a month ago. Incase you were wondering...My neighbors LOVE me !

I think its white oak, but not sure. 102 years old, most of em are 38-40 inches

I dont think its poplar but when the bark comes off the wood is real slick like poplar
thought the guys were gonna bring me the limbs, brought me the trunk instead.

dude almost turned his dumptruck over backing in my driveway.

Last edited:
I think its white oak, but not sure. 102 years old, most of em are 38-40 inches
thought the guys were gonna bring me the limbs, brought me the trunk instead.

dude almost turned his dumptruck over backing in my driveway.

Where do you get your wood from or who I should say...

Where do you get your wood from or who I should say...

Whatever tree service I see taking down a hardwood tree near my house

I just stop and ask if they wanna bring a load to my house about a mile away

Most of em have to drive at least half an hour And pay to dump it at a landfill or run it thru the chipper and spend hours trying to dump "free" wood chips is somebody's yard

Some times I will come back with the trailer and they will chunk the wood in the trailer instead of sending it thru their chipper

In the 13 years weve had a wood heater I've never paid for wood A few times I've gotten paid to cut up a downed tree and haul it away

We heat exclusively with wood. As in we dont have any other heat except turning on the oven and opening the oven door

The trailer in the pic is 4x8 we use about 4 of them a year to stay warm

One load from one of the tree service trucks is enough for two winters. This load will be enough for three I think

Filled up the firewood palace ( that's what my then 9 yr old son called it when he helped me build it. " dad this isnt a woodshed, it's a firewood palace") and enough to fill it maybe twice more

Each of these stumps produces about 30 normal sized pieces of firewood

a PITA to handle though Getting them rolled to the splitter and getting em split in half the first time is a pain

Last edited:
Go to Home Depot and look for the guys standing at the back of the parking lot....

Home-Depot.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom