• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone have a PSA JAKL

I picked up one of the 5.56 10.5" models. The dry fire function and overall quality appears excellent. At the range I ran into ejection issues on every fired round. But would eject when manually racked. With that said, the feel, recoil, and balance was amazing. I can't wait to find the issue and try the suppressor. Looking forward to picking up a 300blk hopefully in something shorter than the 8.5". Anyone else having ejection issues??
I love the real world feedback. I'm also in the <9" 300blk camp

I picked up one of the 5.56 10.5" models. The dry fire function and overall quality appears excellent. At the range I ran into ejection issues on every fired round. But would eject when manually racked. With that said, the feel, recoil, and balance was amazing. I can't wait to find the issue and try the suppressor. Looking forward to picking up a 300blk hopefully in something shorter than the 8.5". Anyone else having ejection issues??

Have you changed the gas setting? Most likely the issue. The gas block may not be properly installed or on the wrong setting. It's possible the ammo may be underpowered.

PSA will fix the issue quickly. Send them an email. I've seen things like a burr in the barrel, from the gas hole being drilled, getting stuck in the hole and causing gassing issues. I'd break it down and give it a thorough look.

Gas settings for the JAKL. It ships in the #2 position, so I suggest setting it to the #1 position (12 o'clock).

jakl.jpg

Also, there is a "suppressor specific" gas knob. All the new ones come with it. Those who bought one beforehand, should receive one in the mail free.

View attachment 5355788
Thanks for the info. We were running handgun drills and didn't have time to check out the issue in depth. Also, wasn't aware of the new gas knob. I was one of the lucky few that got one of the first batch. Hope to get out this weekend on the rifle range and get her running!

RANGE REPORT:

Spent 12-5pm last Sunday at South River Gun Club, putting the JAKL through its paces. I have to say, after 650 rounds, various drills, and multiple scenarios, I am impressed.

NOT A SINGLE MALFUNCTION running Federal, PMC, Wolf, and Blazer ammo. I set the gas block to position 2 and never gave it a second thought. Haven’t gotten my Can yet, so didn’t get to test it suppressed. But will update when I do.

Smooth shooting, flat recoil, easy to manipulate, and no hang ups. The manual of arms is a bit odd, but nothing training can’t rectify.

Zeroed at 36 yds. Accuracy is spot on. Easily sub 2 moa. That could be because of my Vortex Uh-1 brightness setting in the direct Sun, or the gun itself, but either way it’s definitely accurate.

Happy with my purchase and build out. If anyone wants to give it a go and is in the area, I’m happy to bring it out.

i have 1 jakl in 223 and one in 300 (finely tuned they are magnificent) i like the concept and they carry and look great but i shoot my brn 180s more because they are more reliable with a variety of ammo

Back
Top Bottom