Anyone have pics of their 45-70 sbl?

I was at my LGS today, and looked at their Marlin inventory to see. 5 new on the shelf, different calibers, and I hate to say that all were tapered at the end. You might have been hosed...

I was at my LGS today, and looked at their Marlin inventory to see. 5 new on the shelf, different calibers, and I hate to say that all were tapered at the end. You might have been hosed...

Ive never seen one that wasnt tapered. Op got new stocks for free so no big deal.

I've seen a lot of people with the sbl tell me theirs is the same way. i contacted marlin and they told me they could not send me another stock and would have to send in the rifle to be fixed. I'll keep it like it is and mess with the extra stock before I send in the whole rifle to be tossed around and beat up by some idiot who doesn't care about other people's belongings

I've seen a lot of people with the sbl tell me theirs is the same way. i contacted marlin and they told me they could not send me another stock and would have to send in the rifle to be fixed. I'll keep it like it is and mess with the extra stock before I send in the whole rifle to be tossed around and beat up by some idiot who doesn't care about other people's belongings

You said in another thread they were shipping you a stock set for free??

See if you can get a set of walnut stocks for an 1895. They look killer on the stainless

You said in another thread they were shipping you a stock set for free??
The did send me a new stock for free. It was the same and not rounded on the end. That's why I was curious if the able was supposed to be like that now. Lots of people with sbls seem to have the same one as me. I know the JM stamp marlin are rounded. I've had a few people tell me their newer sbl is rounded but never showed me pics

The did send me a new stock for free. It was the same and not rounded on the end. That's why I was curious if the able was supposed to be like that now. Lots of people with sbls seem to have the same one as me. I know the JM stamp marlin are rounded. I've had a few people tell me their newer sbl is rounded but never showed me pics

Mine is rounded i can snap a pic later. I just got it last month

There is a chance that the ones that come rounded were left over inventory stocks from when Marlin was Marlin. And the un rounded ones are a new batch that are being made since the old inventory ran out.

Shouldn't be too hard to round the edges of your extra one and put a little oil finish on the sanded part and make it like it should have been in the first place. Do them both and sell the extra set.

OP, sorry to hear that your SBL is not up to the standards one would expect from a "major" gun company. I really wish yours was the exception rather than the rule. There are a lot of dissatisfied customers that are not happy with their new "Marlin" rifles. I don't know the year yours was made, but if I had to guess, yours was produced early in the new "Marlin" era, see Remlin.
I will say that some of the newer Remlin products are being produced with a higher
P1040929.JPG
quality control standard, but QC is still a problem with them.

I don't have a SBL, but my JM Marlin has a very good appearance and the fit and the finish is very good as well. I would contact "Marlin" and see if they will repair your rifle. I believe it is worth a call to them.

OP, sorry to hear that your SBL is not up to the standards one would expect from a "major" gun company. I really wish yours was the exception rather than the rule. There are a lot of dissatisfied customers that are not happy with their new "Marlin" rifles. I don't know the year yours was made, but if I had to guess, yours was produced early in the new "Marlin" era, see Remlin.
I will say that some of the newer Remlin products are being produced with a higher View attachment 1257588 quality control standard, but QC is still a problem with them.

I don't have a SBL, but my JM Marlin has a very good appearance and the fit and the finish is very good as well. I would contact "Marlin" and see if they will repair your rifle. I believe it is worth a call to them.
It's a 2017 model from what they told me when I called customer service

Back
Top Bottom