• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone have the Howa HCR?

Mattkh

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
8   0
Reaction score
Been looking at purchasing a new rifle in a few months and have been researching the rpr, savage stealth, and 700 5r. After many hours on the internet I was pretty sold on the rpr even though it pushed my budget up. Then I came across the howa hcr and I like the look of it and the price. Problem is I can't find jack about people going out and shooting it due to it being so new. I also keep seeing mixed info on whether the rifle is available with a threaded barrel option or not. Anyone have one of these? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    162.6 KB · Views: 41
I'm interested to hear this as well. Been on the same bus mentally
Been looking at purchasing a new rifle in a few months and have been researching the rpr, savage stealth, and 700 5r. After many hours on the internet I was pretty sold on the rpr even though it pushed my budget up. Then I came across the howa hcr and I like the look of it and the price. Problem is I can't find jack about people going out and shooting it due to it being so new. I also keep seeing mixed info on whether the rifle is available with a threaded barrel option or not. Anyone have one of these? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Everyone can say what they want about AO, but their prices on the Gen 1 RPR was like $950 out the door for any caliber. You could call them on the Howa/RPR/etc and see what they have in stock and if not in stock, their wait. I had to wait like a week for my RPR. Nobody else in the area sells anywhere near the number of guns they sell. They seem to get first crack with the distributors.

Everyone can say what they want about AO, but their prices on the Gen 1 RPR was like $950 out the door for any caliber. You could call them on the Howa/RPR/etc and see what they have in stock and if not in stock, their wait. I had to wait like a week for my RPR. Nobody else in the area sells anywhere near the number of guns they sell. They seem to get first crack with the distributors.
This might be a dumb question but what does AO stand for?

Adventure Outdoors in Smyrna GA. Huge assortment of guns and stuff, just most of the staff is hard to deal with and it takes forever to buy anything there, from what I have read here on ODT. I haven't been in there is a while.

Yup. The employees are idiots. Even the guys at the LEO counter or whatever they call it. If you know what you want, you don't have to worry about their golf ball sized brains.

Back
Top Bottom