• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone here an FFL Dealer from home??

paliknight

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
2   0
Reaction score
Hey guys I know this is probably a dumb question, but was just wondering.

I am really considering applying for an FFL and class 3 as a part time thing I can do from home but thought I would consult with the wise ones for some guidance.

All info is appreciated. PS, I've been reading online about it, but all the info I found was a few years old. I also found FFL123 but idk if it's worth $55.

You have to have a brick and mortar store. You can't just do gun shows. You can use your house, but have to post you are a gun store and your hours. You can bet the ATF is gonna show up periodically and check your books. A buddy listed his hours something lime 9pm to 2am. And they showexd up around 1am.

You have to have a brick and mortar store. You can't just do gun shows. You can use your house, but have to post you are a gun store and your hours. You can bet the ATF is gonna show up periodically and check your books. A buddy listed his hours something lime 9pm to 2am. And they showexd up around 1am.
ATF don't sleep!

Yeah I know I would have to list hours and keep records and etc, but I was just wondering if anyone had any firsthand experience with this and any advice they could give that they didn't have at first.

Back during the Clinton administration, they passed laws to force individuals not engaged in full time store type activities to either step up, or step down.

you can have a home ffl as long as the county or city allows its in your zoning. you have to operate it as actual business which is trying to be profitable.

Guy I know has a brother that does it in another state. Brother doesnt care about doing favors either. So Id say he's in it for himself.

Back
Top Bottom