• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone here do an LS1 swap?

Romax

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
5   0
Reaction score
I handed down my 1994 Silverado to my son and he wants us to do the swap. Has anyone here done it. I have full confidence in my mechanical ability but just wondering what we are getting into. May be best to buy a complete wrecked donor I would think. Suggestions??

They make every dang component you could need for ls swaps into anything.
Mounts, adapters, harnesses, headers, good one to do, cuts way down on fabricating

Should be crazy easy. I helped swap an early LS1 into a '67 Camaro in 2004. It was a breeze back then, should be even easier now. LS1Tech.com, as mentioned, is a great resource.

Theres a junkyard in Villia Rica that sells complete engines, with wiring harness and computer for $700, hear it run before they pull it.

we're getting ready to do this is a 74 K-10
it has a worn out 350 with a flat cam lobe and a LS from a pickup or Burban is way less $ than finding another 350

Theres a junkyard in Villia Rica that sells complete engines, with wiring harness and computer for $700, hear it run before they pull it.

we're getting ready to do this is a 74 K-10
it has a worn out 350 with a flat cam lobe and a LS from a pickup or Burban is way less $ than finding another 350

Awesome! Thanks for the info.

Here is the truck. I bought it way back in late 90's with 120k. It now has something like 365k on the original engine. It has spent it's whole life with me as a work truck and I beat it pretty hard. The interior is like new and I took good care of it mechanically but it did have a rough life. My son bought all the body upgrades and we did the body work and I painted it myself. I think it will be worth putting the LS engine in there.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    733.2 KB · Views: 21
performancetrucks.net and ls1truck.com are good resources for said swaps. Nelsonperformance.com owns ls1truck.com and sells harness and tunes. I'd give Allen a 3.5-star recommendation. I love LS motors. Best chevy has made. The new motors might be as good, but we will wait and see.

Awesome! Thanks for the info.
Give me a couple days and I will remember the name

their website is dead, but search craigslist for
www.aqusedautoparts.com

Ive not bought one form em yet, but seems to be the lowest price, by far.

and the guy to send your computer to , to have the theft protection and emission stuff deleted and torque limits deleted is:
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/moto...g-harness-building-gm-ford-chrysler-more.html

https://www.facebook.com/Team208MotorSports

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom