• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone here try Nightvision scopes?

Laxguy59

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
64   0
Reaction score
Amazon has a sale on some NV scopes and I'm wondering if these are reputable or if NV is really worth it. I would use this for Coyotes. This just seems to be the cheapest I have seen NV scopes and has me interested, or am I wasting money.

http://www.slickguns.com/product/yu...rmint-hunter-night-vision-riflescope-442-fsss
$442

http://www.slickguns.com/product/yu...ht-vision-rifle-scope-weaver-mount-39999-fsss
$399

http://www.slickguns.com/product/sightmark-night-raider-25x50-night-vision-rifle-scope-54999-fsss
$549

i gotcha!
i40.tinypic.com_23huis6.jpg

From my experience with the few I have used, you normally get what you pay for and $500 is cheap concerning weapons mounted NV.

yea that's my worry, wondered if this was a good sale or Amazon just dumping off the crap.

The ones you are looking look like they are all Gen1 models. In my experience they aren't that great, as far as being able to see all that far clearly and you would be better off with a powerful weapon mounted light then them. Comes out to you get what you pay for as far as clarity, though I suppose it depends on how far out you are looking to be able to hit the target.

The ones you are looking look like they are all Gen1 models. In my experience they aren't that great, as far as being able to see all that far clearly and you would be better off with a powerful weapon mounted light then them. Comes out to you get what you pay for as far as clarity, though I suppose it depends on how far out you are looking to be able to hit the target.

Based on the terrain I can't imagine a shot longer than 200 yards, too many damn trees

Based on the terrain I can't imagine a shot longer than 200 yards, too many damn trees

I might get a really bright light. The Gen1 NVs I have dealt with fuzzed out around a 100 meters or less. Granted, these were different models from another manufacture about four years ago, but they were not what I would have defined as a real clear view and Gen 1 NV is not known for being great. Though these were not magnified either, that could make a little difference but I would seriously try to try before buying just so you know what you are getting.

Ugh. I hate NVGs. Talk about a headache. The ones I used to fly with cost about 8 grand. Shooting accurately with something of that quality would be a challenge. I don't want to think about what looking through a $500 NV scope would be like.

Here is where I stand on cheap scopes.I am out alot hunting at night ,and I dont want anyone running around like rambo if you cant clearly make out your target ,and what might be behind your target .Long story short I dont want you to shoot me .Save some money buy a nice scope . Gen 1 stuff should be against the law ,and 95% of gen 2 should also.And stay away from anything atn.

Here is where I stand on cheap scopes.I am out alot hunting at night ,and I dont want anyone running around like rambo if you cant clearly make out your target ,and what might be behind your target .Long story short I dont want you to shoot me .Save some money buy a nice scope . Gen 1 stuff should be against the law ,and 95% of gen 2 should also.And stay away from anything atn.

agreed on the ATN especially! Their CS is horrible from my experience.

Back
Top Bottom