Anyone interested in an ODT Offroad "club"?

On the other side of that rock at the water, when we first got there, storms had washed a hole that swallowed the 37" tires on the Bronco and 40. The Bronco nearly flipped going through it, so we through a bunch of rocks in it. When I went though, it still swallowed up my 35's, but grip was great, so while it looked cool, it was kind of easy.

The FJ60 at the 1:23 mark is on 37's for some sense of size.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
83 truck, not a Hi-lux or an SR5 just a 4x4 truck 5spd.

Double Marlin T-case both with 4.70:1 ( I could get out of the truck and walk the rig up rocks just like Marlin )

5:10 gears front and rear, Yukon locker, Detroit locker in the rear

Started life as a Coon hunter on 33's

I had, and started driving in an 82 std with a 4 speed and NO options. No poser steering, no radio, no air. My dad bought it new that way. It had a camper shell as a dealer installed option and alloy wheels. It was called the Bushwhacker Package. That went over well as a teen. It was in the family for 28 years. I wish I had it back and I still keep shopping for another one. You need to be joining in on the Toyota rides with Georgia Cruisers or STLCA man. When we have the Annual ride, I'll send you a note. We have it in Dawsonville on some private trails. Pretty fun place and right in our backyard, so to speak.

Where are the trails in your pics?

(quick Toyota pig trails guys-My 80 is on Yukon 4.88's with factory lockers, part time 4wd kit, Longfields up front. Compared to the light Toyota pickups, the 80 drives like a hippo. I used to kinda blast through mud. Now I just drive in and let it sink and push out the other side. It's surprising how much this works and I rarely get tire spin. The 1st gen pick up felt like a big ATV to me.)

All my pics are either from River Rock Ga( gone now but was near Jackson ), or Chocolocco mountain Al or the park in Heflin Al

Or various power lines or private property

I hope you find that Bushwacker version.

My grandfather drove this for 20+ years

No his but this internet pic is just the same

He made zero mods to it. Rightfully so.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    67.9 KB · Views: 15
Very nice 40s.do y'all still have them? They're crazy money now, as I'm sure you know. The fj40 was the first vehicle I ever test drove. Then Milton Martin put his personal fj40 up for sale on his lot. It was a baby blue 1970 model. I was 17 and in love. It was $4500, and I was broke. :(

View attachment 843035 View attachment 843034 View attachment 843033 View attachment 843032 83 truck, not a Hi-lux or an SR5 just a 4x4 truck 5spd.

Double Marlin T-case both with 4.70:1 ( I could get out of the truck and walk the rig up rocks just like Marlin )

5:10 gears front and rear, Yukon locker, Detroit locker in the rear

Started life as a Coon hunter on 33's

Never heard of a Toyota 8in having 5.10 gears. what springs are you running front and rear? longfields in the front axle I assume?

Never heard of a Toyota 8in having 5.10 gears. what springs are you running front and rear? longfields in the front axle I assume?

Sorry meant 4:88, must have had 5:10 on the brain from another rig.

I had trail gear springs, Fox racing shocks, and trail gear dirty 30 axles shafts up front. Stock Toyota shafts in the rear.

Back
Top Bottom