• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone interested in doing some fantasy football?

How is your league set up?

How many of each position
How many Bench spots
Is there a trading deadline
Will there be strict rules about trades
What kind of draft will you do? snake or action?
When will the money be due?

$50 is on the upper end for a most fantasy leagues so I would like to know exactly how the league is set up before committing to it.

My advice for a ten team league is

No trade deadline.
All trades must be up for vote by league (this keeps teams from swapping players or scamming teams with horrible trades)
Standard lineup like this
1 QB 2RB 1FLEX 2WR 1TE 1DEF 1Kicker
Snake is the way to go in my opinion that way it's fair for everybody and those who don't know as much don't get screwed by bidding to much on players.

No more than 6 bench spots. Makes the league more competitive by forcing people to pay attention to free agency and also keeps players from hording good talent. I Personally prefer 4 bench spots but that's on the low end of the spectrum.

If you can give me some more details on your league I might pony up for it.

P.S. It's also nice to have 2 league admins in case something needs to be fixed and your not available.

Last edited:
This my first go round so I'm not sure on some of the questions, but here are the answers I know:

7 bench, 9 starters.

There is a trading deadline but I don't mind changing that.

Snake draft

Money due before draft

4 votes to veto trade

That is why I'm wanting to find out if it's $50 or $50 by the end of the season

I figure if we don't collect it up front then it will be hard to get at the end from people who aren't in contention. If it's people you see everyday it's no big deal to wait on the money but this is the internet and people can vanish pretty easily.

I'm not opposed to lowering the amount, I just thought $50 sounded good and made it a prize you'd actually try to win.

I figure if we don't collect it up front then it will be hard to get at the end from people who aren't in contention. If it's people you see everyday it's no big deal to wait on the money but this is the internet and people can vanish pretty easily.

I'm not opposed to lowering the amount, I just thought $50 sounded good and made it a prize you'd actually try to win.

I'm ok with $50 but it might be something you could set to have it by week 3 or something like that.

I understand it's your first go round and you can take my thoughts or leave them but setting up a good league takes time my main league took us three seasons to get perfected.

Having 7 bench spots is a no no.

Scenario

You have Manning as your starting QB in a 10 man league that means their are only 9 other starting QBs in the league. The rest are all sitting on people's benches because you've got 7 spots. We all know that finding a replacement QB is going ot be hard cause their are only 32 of them in the league playing each week and at least 8 of them suck. That leaves you with 14 QBs to choose from but you can't cause they sitting on other peoples benches.

Having 4 or 5 spots forces people to choose carefully who they want to keep on their team. Normally it's not going to be another good QB because they don't get hurt that often. Teams will keep RB and WR cause they are more valuable which is okay cause there are a lot of WR and RB.

I'm not saying no one will keep QBs but smart teams won't especially not more than one.

I'ed be in either way if you lowered it to $20 but $50 like i said is a lot for most fantasy leagues and It would have to be set up right for me to do that

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom