• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone know how to get rid of scorpions in the house?

Don't remember for sure but I think Permethrin is is very toxic for cats
Permethrin is advertised as being highly toxic for cats and fish. When it dries it's safe for dogs and children. It's literally the same chemical used to dip dogs for fleas.

I worked as a pest control tech for several years. All we used was Permethrin.

I literally watched one sneak in thru the sliding glass door one day. He walked across the stoop and slipped under the door into the track and was waiting for someone to open the door so he could slip in. I just happen to catch him in the process and caught him.

Diatomaceous earth works well I think by essentially making small cuts in their exoskeleton which causes them to dry out. Rain washes it away (I recall).

I recall some movie where lavender kept them away , but I could be old and senile….

Local Pest control and ask for Demon. It's a wetable power. You put a packet in a sprayer with one gallon of water. Let it dissolve. Do not open the packet.
Spray around the doors and windows.
This stuff will stop anything that crawls for months.
Demon WSP (water soluble packets)
I use this as well. Local feed & seed (not tractor supply) should have it).

Bifen I/T. Is what I currently use. It’s strong, yet pet friendly.
I use this in my backpack blower for mosquito treatments. We used to have a few scorpions, but haven't seen one since I bought the backpack blower/fogger and using the Bifen which is good for a lot of pest and insects.

Back
Top Bottom