• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Anyone know if Chestnut Mountain Range has a range master?

Place has been elbow to elbow last couple of weeks. I waited two hours today just to sight in a new scope which took me all of 10 minutes. Watching D-bags on the line shooting 22s from the bench rests and taking photos of themselves for their facebook page.

Chestnut mtn.

What are you allowed to shoot there?

Thnx

As far as I know, no full autos. No tracers. Shotguns for pattern only, no slugs. They have target holders, but you may want to bring your own just in case they are busy. Bring your own targets. No steel targets.

Other than that, they have a 60 yd pistol range and a separate 100 yd rifle range. Unlike Wilson Shoals, you call your own hot and cold ranges. They are busiest right before deer season opens. Crazy busy, almost had to wait for a spot to shoot. Otherwise, was there a few weeks ago and it was wide open.

The best deal is to get the annual pass for like $19. I just wish they weren't so far away.

As far as I know, no full autos. No tracers. Shotguns for pattern only, no slugs. They have target holders, but you may want to bring your own just in case they are busy. Bring your own targets. No steel targets.

Other than that, they have a 60 yd pistol range and a separate 100 yd rifle range. Unlike Wilson Shoals, you call your own hot and cold ranges. They are busiest right before deer season opens. Crazy busy, almost had to wait for a spot to shoot. Otherwise, was there a few weeks ago and it was wide open.

The best deal is to get the annual pass for like $19. I just wish they weren't so far away.

Thanks

With my experience @ Wilson Shoals I'd say if you had a problem with the RO you were probably a problem. I personally have never had a problem with either of the guys that are the RO's there. They are definantly quick to act if they see anything out of line, but what's the problem with that? You don't like safety? You don't like being able to go home to your family? I don't mean to stand on a soapbox and preach here but I'm sorry when someone makes comments like this it kind of ticks me off. Rant over.

are those camo bee hives?

No, Cameo bat houses.. Birdhouses 060.jpg
You need one!

With my experience @ Wilson Shoals I'd say if you had a problem with the RO you were probably a problem. I personally have never had a problem with either of the guys that are the RO's there. They are definantly quick to act if they see anything out of line, but what's the problem with that? You don't like safety? You don't like being able to go home to your family? I don't mean to stand on a soapbox and preach here but I'm sorry when someone makes comments like this it kind of ticks me off. Rant over.

Cooter, you read a lot into my comments. I am one of the most safety conscious shooters you will ever meet. I don't even like most gun ranges because of the yahoos that are found there. Not only that, I am often there with my kids which makes me painfully aware of the behavior of those around me. Trust me, of all the stuff that goes on at gun ranges, I am not the problem.

Place has been elbow to elbow last couple of weeks. I waited two hours today just to sight in a new scope which took me all of 10 minutes. Watching D-bags on the line shooting 22s from the bench rests and taking photos of themselves for their facebook page.

Chestnut mtn.

Whats D-bag about shooting .22's and taking photos?? I ALWAYS take photos while my family shoots...Guess that makes me a D-bag???

Back
Top Bottom